Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Was glad that Something to Wrestle went back on course with an episode on Canadian Stampede last week. In all honesty, was starting to worry they  were concentrating on topics which are far too recent for my tastes, with Cena, Punk and Vince Russo.

To be fair, there's usually always an old-school WWF topic or two to choose, and it's the viewers that have chosen episodes on Punk and Cena.

Anyway, if it's classic WWF you want, you'll enjoy Friday's episode with a tag teams theme. It's Demolition ('87-'91), Hart Foundation ('87-'91), The Rockers ('88-'92) or The Brainbusters ('88-'92). I've voted for The Rockers.

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, L_E_T_H_A_L said:

To be fair, there's usually always an old-school WWF topic or two to choose, and it's the viewers that have chosen episodes on Punk and Cena.

Anyway, if it's classic WWF you want, you'll enjoy Friday's episode with a tag teams theme. It's Demolition ('87-'91), Hart Foundation ('87-'91), The Rockers ('88-'92) or The Brainbusters ('88-'92). I've voted for The Rockers.

Aye, all good topics tbh. Would opt for the Harts or Demolition personally.

Just now, garynysmon said:

I won't be fussed whoever wins to be honest mate, I'll be listening nonetheless. It was a toss-up between Harts or Rockers, and I went with The Rockers as there's not much insight BP can give us after how searingly honest Bret Hart's book was when he covered the Hart Foundation's run in lengthy detail in his book.

Just now, garynysmon said:

I won't be fussed whoever wins to be honest mate, I'll be listening nonetheless. It was a toss-up between Harts or Rockers, and I went with The Rockers as there's not much insight BP can give us after how searingly honest Bret Hart's book was when he covered the Hart Foundation's run in lengthy detail.

russo who's wwf run ended in 99 too recent, but stampede in 97 a return to the norm..... Not sure how that works haha

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Louch said:

russo who's wwf run ended in 99 too recent, but stampede in 97 a return to the norm..... Not sure how that works haha

Blimey, you're right! 

Probably speaks volumes on how much of a watershed the Attitude era really was, making events pre-Attitude feel further back than they actually were. I bloody love 1997 though.