Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Hi all... Our interactive show 'You Just Made The List' is still going strong thanks to listener votes. The most recent episode covered Top 10 British & Irish Champions in WWE and you can hear that here: https://audioboom.com/posts/6192211-episode-38-you-just-made-the-list-4-top-10-british-irish-champs-in-wwe (or download on Apple Podcasts/Stitcher), while the topic chosen by our Twitter followers for the next episode is SummerSlam main events and the survey for you to choose a Top 10 is here: https://t.co/Kl2d66nuHi 

Also, our flagship show focusing on the British Wrestling scene most recently featured Ayesha Raymond from the Mae Young Classic! https://audioboom.com/posts/6257229-episode-39-women-s-wrestling-special-interview-with-ayesha-raymond 

If you haven't heard us before, we've previously had interviews with Pete Dunne, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate, Damian Dunne and Dave Mastiff, as well as former WWE Superstars like John Morrison, Ryback, Cody Rhodes and many more! 

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, D@mm said:

Maybe a separate thread on here for people to plug things would be a decent idea.

Or a separate sub forum where people could advertise things. 

No, that's far too outlandish a concept. Forget I suggested it. 

Edited by Tommy!

Sorry! We got a bit over excited as we hadn't posted ANYTHING for a while!... (although, godawful is a bit harsh)... but to get things back on topic...

Anyone listening to E&C's Pod of Awesomeness? We're playing catch up with the episodes but enjoying it. Their chemistry and humour was never in doubt but we enjoy the fact they don't hold back on their opinions on the current WWE product. It's somewhat surprising given they are still linked to WWE but it's refreshing. 

14 hours ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

I listen to it when they have a guest I'm interested in - really enjoy it when they're doing the interviews or talking about wrestling, but tend to skip the other parts like Tommy Dreamer's segment or their fan/mate who sounds like Stone Cold.

Yeah, we agree. There's a lot of skippable moments but the majority of it is interesting. We enjoy their interview style too... We have to admit though that the 'Tommy, Tommy, Tommy' bit is getting stuck in our heads!! :D

• Paid Members

I've been toying with the idea of doing a podcast for a bit - just as a bit of a project to work on, as well as honing presentational skills and whatnot, as well as giving me somewhere to talk about wrestling bloody loads without it just being in huge walls of text on here. I've just never really been able to settle on an angle - every sod has a podcast talking about wrestling, so what could I bring to the table that's different?

Was thinking yesterday that maybe something around wrestling history could be the key? I spent an inordinate amount of time on Sunday trying to work out the history of the Irish Whip (don't ask), and I'm sad enough to get really excited when I find reference to things in wrestling earlier than I had anticipated (I found what appears to be reference to tapping out to indicate a submission in the early 20th century, when I'd always assumed that it was something borrowed from UFC), so it could be an interesting route to go down. I'm not sure how much mileage it has, though, in terms of coming up with new content for each episode, or whether anyone would be interested.

• Awards Moderator

I'd be interested. A historical twist on things would be very cool too - I mean, Lister's historical articles in FSM were always the best part of the mag when I bought it. Researching how things came to be - whether that's moves, perception of wrestling, how it's evolved, how things started, cultural contexts, differences between countries, all that stuff - would be something a little different for sure. And from your posts on here you're certainly capable of putting it all together.

Bae Vicky C once did a show called "Balderdash and Piffle" which was about getting words into the dictionary.  She would find out first recorded usage of the word, entomology and all that, whilst being Bae.  Perhaps a wrestling version of that could be niche enough to be a USP in a saturated market? 

8 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I've been toying with the idea of doing a podcast for a bit - just as a bit of a project to work on, as well as honing presentational skills and whatnot, as well as giving me somewhere to talk about wrestling bloody loads without it just being in huge walls of text on here. I've just never really been able to settle on an angle - every sod has a podcast talking about wrestling, so what could I bring to the table that's different?

Was thinking yesterday that maybe something around wrestling history could be the key? I spent an inordinate amount of time on Sunday trying to work out the history of the Irish Whip (don't ask), and I'm sad enough to get really excited when I find reference to things in wrestling earlier than I had anticipated (I found what appears to be reference to tapping out to indicate a submission in the early 20th century, when I'd always assumed that it was something borrowed from UFC), so it could be an interesting route to go down. I'm not sure how much mileage it has, though, in terms of coming up with new content for each episode, or whether anyone would be interested.

It's definitely a saturated market!!!... naively a lot more so than we realised before we set up our podcast a year ago, so a niche idea is a must to try and stand out. 

Ours is 2-fold - British Wrestling interviews (led by an actual qualified journalist :)) and our 'You Just Made The List' show (not sure where we came up with that name ;)) where listeners vote for a subject and then a top 10, which we count down on the episode. 

The toughest thing is getting your name out there and building a following but your history idea is certainly different, so it should stand out from the crowd. Good luck with it!