Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members
On 22/09/2017 at 1:20 PM, CTXRussomark said:

The guy hosting it has a book about WCW coming out which has the potential to be really good - along with the usual suspects (Bischoff, Nash, Russo, Sullivan etc.) he's managed to interview a load of Turner executives (including Jamie Kellner) who I don't think have ever really gone on record about WCW before.  There's a bare bones website up for it at http://wcwnitrobook.com/.  It's being released next year on the anniversary of the final Nitro.

I've listened to the first two episodes of this. It does have some interesting details but it is a tough listen. I find it very hard not to let my attention wander. They're two really nice guys but just a little dull.

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:17 AM, mim731 said:

@Liam O'Rourke Is SCG on a hiatus? Or are there plans for more shows in the near future? Working my way back through the archive, but quickly running out of shows to listen to. 

Just a temporary one while I've spent time on another project (which is almost completed). We'll actually be returning next week...

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

Just a temporary one while I've spent time on another project (which is almost completed). We'll actually be returning next week...

Good stuff! Glad it's not a permanent hiatus, and looking forward to next week's return show. 

On 29/09/2017 at 10:52 AM, mim731 said:

Good stuff! Glad it's not a permanent hiatus, and looking forward to next week's return show. 

Biggest compliment i can give the SCG lads is ive recently had a baby and ive had to cut back on all my podcasts (had about 8 per week on the go) sans Keepin it 100 and SCG.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Tommy! said:

Only 2 podcasts I listen to is SCG & NGP. All the others I've tried bore me or annoy me. 

If SCG call it a day before they finish that time line I'll be fuming. 

Pretty much mirrors what I do currently, only with the addition of Something to Wrestle with Bruce Prichard.  Would be equally saddened if the MNW Timeline doesn't reach its conclusion on SCG. I am more excited than I probably should be to hear them covering Nitro from 2000.

• Paid Members

speaking of saddened...

I was gutted to find out that Kevin Gill had walked out on Keepin It 100 a couple of weeks ago, i loaded the new episode and he was gone with no announcement. I really thought the lack of KG would hurt the dynamic of the show but it hasn't so far really but i will miss his contributions despite being frustrated at his views a lot of the time. Its good drama though, Konnan went in hard on him the last couple of weeks before he walked and you could sense it was going beyond the usual ball-busting.

Wasn't sad to see him go - found him to be a twat most of the time - but Gertner is terrible as the new intro guy. You could tell Konnan was losing patience with Gill the last few weeks of him being there. Was identical to when he blew up at MSL on the old MLW show. JoJo will be next. 

Pretty much the same thing as with Gill. MSL was was usually Konnan's target for mocking/abusing and it slowly escalated to Konnan tearing into him pretty strongly for a few weeks before MSL quit/was fired. They eventually made up and I think Konnan blamed the whole thing on his bi polar, but the few weeks leading up to the blow up were very similar to how things went down with Gill.