Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Oh that's a bit of a shitter. Whilst I cannot stand the sound of Agnew and Lovranski, John and Wai have been part of my weekly Podcast schedule for a few years. 

Hopefully they can start something up On their own. They were the only thing decent on the FN for me (I'm sure Benno is great but I've never listened to anything he's on) 

Edited by Silky Kisser

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, mim731 said:

@Benno Does this mean no more BAW as well? Or is that going to continue elsewhere/in a different format?

We're gonna see where the former LAW guys land and go from there I think - we were half an hour from recording a new ep when this all dropped so we're as surprised as anyone. I'd expect we'll continue on, just with a new home and name most likely. 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Benno said:

We're gonna see where the former LAW guys land and go from there I think - we were half an hour from recording a new ep when this all dropped so we're as surprised as anyone. I'd expect we'll continue on, just with a new home and name most likely. 

Good stuff, glad you guys are planning to continue in some format despite all this unexpected upheaval. 

Has anybody listened to What Happened When from Monday, fucking hell, this is Schiavone's finest hour in the podcast world. Him and Conrad watch the entire Halloween Havoc '95 card and Tony goes absolutely beserk, impressions, running commentary, insults. He must have been on the sauce or something the loon, I was in the gym and legit burst out laughing maybe 6 times when he was on about Hogan and the Yetay.

It may divide opinion as it gets out of control and a bit of a clusterfuck but personally I loved it.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

Sounded to me like Conrad had a word with Tony about the how the shows have been going and Tony went full on mental. 

I think I'm the only one, but as nice as Tony comes off, he really doesn't seem to know much about the business at all outside of this 3 favourite topics. 

As much as I love the guy I still don't see why Tony Schiavone. He openly admits he stayed away from any backstage drama or politics and seems like even when he was there he welcomed the cheque each week but really didn't give much of a shit.

A WCW retrospective would surely be better suited to a Kevin Sullivan, isn't he on the same MLW network so you'd think it could be arranged. Having said that I can listen to Tony's soothing voice every day and never get bored, I'm actually curious to hear his work on that MLW one shot show, Tony calling Ricochet vs Shane Strickland in 2017 is surely absolute madness.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

Listening to the Halloween Havoc 92 episode of What Happened When. Nearly pissed myself at Schiavone's comments on WCW bringing in Japanese wrestlers around that time. 

"Listen, and I know a lot of people love Japanese wrestling, to me this thing with Chono and NWA didn't mean...it meant bullshit. It was...fuck! The slapdicks that were ringside in Philadelphia didn't give a shit about Chono or Sasaki or any of those dicklicks. Nothing. What I'm trying to get at, you as an 11 year old, an 11 year old kid who is into WCW did not care FUCK ALL about New Japan Pro Wrestling!"