Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I got through Bruce's Edge episode by listening at 1.5 speed throughout the majority. It didn't even sound particularly sped up because Conrad and Bruce aren't in the biggest hurry to get their words out usually. A decent listen but not much to report on. 

I've always wanted to listen to more Pritchard podcasts but the length of them puts me off, a 5 hour hour podcast who the fuck has got time for that. Just listened to the SCG Pillman podcast on Liams new book, sounds like this is a must buy I wasnt sold on it originally as Pillman was never one of my faves although I was intrigued by the loose cannon stuff back then but it sounds fantastic.

• Paid Members
53 minutes ago, Sexy Dad said:

I got through Bruce's Edge episode by listening at 1.5 speed throughout the majority. It didn't even sound particularly sped up because Conrad and Bruce aren't in the biggest hurry to get their words out usually. A decent listen but not much to report on. 

I've got to 1.8 speed now on Something To Wrestle With. First time I've ever started listening to a podcast that way. Took me about a minute to get used to and it's turned it into a much, much easier listen. Thoroughly recommend it to anyone listening to it.

3 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

It's a teeny bit of a slog now, I'm finding myself enjoying the show with Tony more these days. WHW is just good daft fun now that they're watching the shows as they record.

Oh really. What are the best ones as I've never listened to the shiavone ones.

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Supremo said:

Would anyone have an episode recommendation for someone who hasn't listened to Prichard's podcast?

The Rick Rude one is very good listen, interesting and with funny stories, particularly the one at the end involving a rib played on Rude. Well worth a listen.

• Paid Members
16 hours ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

I've always wanted to listen to more Pritchard podcasts but the length of them puts me off, a 5 hour hour podcast who the fuck has got time for that. Just listened to the SCG Pillman podcast on Liams new book, sounds like this is a must buy I wasnt sold on it originally as Pillman was never one of my faves although I was intrigued by the loose cannon stuff back then but it sounds fantastic.

I've started to become more selective in what podcasts I listen to. Gone are the days when I'd automatically listen to Austin, Cabana or JR's every week as the market has become so saturated and there's only so many commuting hours in a week. 

As I generally have much much more interest in the WWF pre-2001, I haven't bothered with the Bruce Pritchard episodes that look at events/careers since then. I tend to look what topic/guest they have on and decide on the basis of that. I enjoyed the Jericho podcast with Callis/D'amore but that was the first of his I'd listened to in months.

I'm a big fan of The Lapsed Fan but those are even longer than Bruce Pritchard's. Their series on Montreal was brilliant though.

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

I've never really pimped my podcast here, but we're doing something for Christmas that I thought should change that...

So me & my wrestling wife Chris do this podcast, called Love The Graps. We've done 50-odd episodes this year, and they're usually reaction pods to shows we've just been to (with other occasional nonsense thrown in). Usually the podcast is FREE!, but for Christmas we decided to record some special episodes and ask people to pay for them. The reason? We want to raise money for a charity in our home town, called Eve, which helps women put their lives back together after suffering domestic abuse. The lovely people at ATTACK! ran their raffle for us last week, so we've already got a chunk, but we're asking people to pay at least £1 for over two hours of product (you can, of course, pay more).

If you like smart arses talking about wrestling (and Hulk Hogan movies), please give us a try for this brilliant cause!

You can get involved here. Cheers!

• Paid Members
On 20/12/2017 at 8:35 PM, Merzbow said:

Wargames 2000 is a worth a listen, Tony nearly chokes to death and it's a funny clusterfuck in general. A bit like a 2000 PPV. The Ready to Rumble show is a laugh too.

do you listened along whilst watching as well? or does the podcast work well with just audio when they do that format?

• Paid Members

For the people asking about the Ex-LAW guys, they've now launched their own site POST Wrestling and released their Christmas Show today with details of everything to expect on the new network..