Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

JR took his levels of self indulgence to new heights this week, with the co-author of his book and the guy that writes the Blood Red Dollar Green stories, I listen to Ross less and less as time passes, just insufferable.

Elsewhere, Killing The Town had a good episode I thought, Rosemary's first proper interview since the "Sexy" Star incident, she comes across as a lovely lady and 110% believable in her version of events to me. Aside from that though it's a nice little journey through her training and early matches, how she came up with the demon gimmick etc.

• Paid Members

It's a dreadful podcast. I've only downloaded a few of them when he has a guest on that I expect comes accross as really interesting or good at telling stories. I don't think I've ever made it through a full show of his as he takes an interesting person/topic and makes it boring. 

• Paid Members
On 05/10/2017 at 9:39 AM, Ambulance Chaser said:

JR took his levels of self indulgence to new heights this week, with the co-author of his book and the guy that writes the Blood Red Dollar Green stories, I listen to Ross less and less as time passes, just insufferable.

Elsewhere, Killing The Town had a good episode I thought, Rosemary's first proper interview since the "Sexy" Star incident, she comes across as a lovely lady and 110% believable in her version of events to me. Aside from that though it's a nice little journey through her training and early matches, how she came up with the demon gimmick etc.

i listened to it yesterday, decent listen but couldn't help but notice Storm and Cyrus shamelessly flirting and getting a little giddy at the fact that they had a lady on.

• Paid Members

Does anyone ride really struggle with the Schiavone/Conrad podcast?

Tony just doesn't seem at all interested or have any knowledge of anything they isn't Flair/Horsemen/women backstage  related. I get the impression he just makes up half the stuff he says.. It often sounds like he's clueless. 

Frustrating considering how good the Prichard podcast is. 

• Paid Members

I listened to the Bobby Heenan one. Even on that one, Schiavone came across as if he was talking nonsense. Does he really talk in that voice the whole time? I remember him fondly as a commentator. However, as a podcast personality, I find him a very difficult listen.

• Paid Members

I quite like it. Not as much as the Prichard ones but I've always got time for Schiavone. I can see why some aren't keen though because you don't get that much insight a lot of the time. I like him but as a regular podcast co-host I'm not sure he's the best choice because he didn't seem to do anything after 'clocking out' every day. Part of what makes the Prichard podcast fun is his behind the scenes and after hours experiences with Vince and various wrestlers. With Schiavone it seems like most of his nights on the road were spent with room service, the Adult Channel and a big box of tissue. Heenan was asked once on a shoot interview what he did on the road and how he coped with the schedule and he said something like 'You had fun with it. You'd load the car up with 4 or 5 guys and a couple of cases of beer...otherwise what were you doing? You're sitting in a motel room somewhere with Tony Schiavone. Drinking Ovaltine at 9 o'clock."

Oh and I still can't get over how much Schiavone swears. Never did I imagine that the little goody two shoes commentator I used to see as a 7 or 8 year old boy watching Worldwide on ITV would have such a foul mouth. On the one episode he got angry at something and said "Dave Meltzer can suck my dick!" From almost anyone else it'd be whatever but Schiavone saying it in that SummerSlam '89 voice is something else. 

• Paid Members

Schiavone podcast is nowhere near as good as Prichard as he isn't in a position to offer anywhere near as much insight to the issues being discussed, and isn't as good a personality.  However, I still listen to it every now and then because I do quite like Conrad's contributions to it.  As much as people don't like him, Conrad does do good research and carries a timeline of the subject at hand well. 

So I see the podcast as more of a timeline/retrospective podcast which just happens to have Schiavone in, as opposed to the Prichard podcast which is a time structure to it in order to give Bruce opportunity to give insight on various topics.