Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

I went off STWW pretty quickly. Conrad is just awful on it.

Same. About four episodes. Neither of them are likeable, though Conrad actually makes you dislike him, and they aren't telling you anything of interest really. I'd rather listen to Meltzer, you know.

• Paid Members

I couldn't get the STWW love. But then all the podcasts I love are fan driven, SCG, NGP, OSW. 

Conrad put me of STWW though, he's shit as both an interviewer and a reminiscent fan. 

• Paid Members
On 4/27/2017 at 1:01 PM, Silky Kisser said:

What sort of career did Cyrus have in wrestling before the WWF/ECW stuff?  

He did some sort of of dark match tag team with Paul Roma in 1997 (in the WWE) before he was called up to be a manager and Roma was chucked away.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

He did some sort of of dark match tag team with Paul Roma in 1997 (in the WWE) before he was called up to be a manager and Roma was chucked away.

Rick Martel, I think you mean.

He wrestled mainly in Canada, specifically Winnipeg, against the likes of Rick Martel, Bad News Brown, Lance Storm and Chris Jericho, as well as working internationally in South Africa and Lebanon. 

• Paid Members

Listened to Russo's "Fantasy Roster Draft" podcast today. He did have Nikki Bella on his 30 man roster twice, and goes on for quite a bit about how much he likes "Bray Strawman" but it actually isn't half bad and he makes some reasonable choices

Fucking hell though, it isn't half clear where Scotswizard gets his opinions from. Just one episode of a Russo pod has everything from bemoaning the falling ratings and catering to wrestling fans, to monologues about wanting to see "hot women bro" - to going on about Owens, Zayn and Balor not looking like men, real men. I'm starting to wonder if they're the same person. 

He recently explained the reason he messes up names like that, aside from when he does it on purpose for entertainment value. He's been living with post concussion syndrome for years now, it's rare effects last that long but he still has memory blips.

Billi Bhatti, who was on Big Brother UK a few years ago does a wrestling podcast called "The Dirty Sheet".

I got into an argument with him on Twitter after CM Punk quit WWE in January 2014.

He was tweeting about how his podcast exclusively revealed CM Punk was going to be finishing with WWE by July of that year.

I pointed out everybody knew he had signed a 3 year contract around the famous Money In The Bank 2011 ppv, so basic maths tells us what he claimed they were exclusively revealing.

Anyway, 3 and a half years later I thought I would give his podcast a listen. I chose the WrestleMania 33 review show.

Straight into the results and he and his co-host (who had both attended the event live) had an exchange along the lines of...

"What was the first match?"

"Aries vs Neville I think".

"Who won?"

"Can't remember. Neville wasn't it?"

"Oh yeah, clean with the red arrow".

"Yep, clean as a whistle".

Even if what they were saying was factually correct, they aren't broadcasting it very interestingly.

The fact that Neville won far-from-cleanly after raking Aries injured eye socket was enough for me to listen to something else instead.

Edited by dopper

That's exactly where it happened, not tucking his head while Ric Flair gave him a Russian Leg Sweep. He got punched in the head by various wrestlers during a brawl in the ring on Nitro. After all that he told Bill Goldberg not to hurt his head because of all that during the cage match. Bill Goldberg deliberately hurting him when he speared him through the cage and smacking his head on the guardrail where the fans are despite Goldberg telling him telling him all day that he will spear him through the part of the cage  that faces the ramp and he will "place" him on the ramp, basically lift him and carry him and place him down. No......Bill Goldberg does at the side of the cage where the guardrail and fans are and again....deliberately hurts him.