Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

5 hours ago, scotswizard said:

Russo is giving out a free 2 week trial of his website so you see all the podcasts on video. The LTBD podcast for Podcast One is on his site just now on video. You see all theĀ  Podcast One podcasts on video a day earlier.

I'm actually beginning to think you ARE Russo, since you consistently spout his opinion like its your own and shill his behind-the-paywall website.

LTBD is the only Russo podcast worth a listen these days as it's the only day of the week that the overbearing cunt actually discusses wrestling. No one's interested in paying to hear him consistently bullying his little minions, talking about his log cabin in the woods or squealing "I HATE WRESTLE-ING" and putting down the fans by calling them pathetic marks, virgins, you name it.

Bloke's a cunt, "bro."

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Russo's not as dense as this guy, he'd pick somewhere where the virgin to real man ratio was skewed more to the former to troll.

This is hoss country after all.

Lol, you sweaty virgins must love Samoa Joe right? And Kevin Owens? Lol. Why not go outside and meet a real woman, you gay sweaty virgins who for some reason want to have sex with women but also never have.

Or listen to Russo, apparently the two are equated for some reason.

4 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Russo's not as dense as this guy, he'd pick somewhere where the virgin to real man ratio was skewed more to the former to troll.

This is hoss country after all.

Honestly Merz, I just can't listen to Russo now. He fucking infuriates me.

Mispronouncing the names of WWE main eventers (deliberate feigned ignorance - he fucking knows who they are), consistently reminding listeners how much he hates wrestling and only covers it because he's being paid to do so, bigging up everything from the Attitude era (including the stuff that was fucking drivel), bullying the idiots that knock their pans in building his so-called "brand" for pennies if they even get paid at all and then there's the "You're all marks/virgins" stuff and his new weekly show that apparently features him taking carefully chosen audio clips from Meltzer, Jason Powell etc and "burying" them with his "witty comeback" that he's doubtlessly been practicing all week.

Absolute and utter cunt.

• Paid Members

I listen to way more Russo than i should, i just find him entertaining to listen too. I dont necessarily have to agree with what's he's saying (although i think does talk sense a lot of the time, it's just intercut with bullshit) to enjoy his podcast. I can fully understand why some people would hate the guy though. I was only listening to the Disco episode regular but now that he's back to wrestling i find myself cherry picking from episode descriptions.

...and agree with WhyattSheepMask, the Jeremy Walker episode was an interesting listen.

Ā 

• Paid Members

Never listened to Russo, never will. For a bloke whose wrestling writing is so horribly anti-woman it's not a shock to hear him still jiving about everyone being a gay wrestling virgin. He's basically your dad who tells you it's fake and calls you a poof, but doesn't like the big hosses like your dad does.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

I think its been mentioned before, but Roma on Austins podcast is hilarious, he's like the biggest bullshitter in your year at school. The first ten minutes is funny as fuck.

Yeah I listened to that a while ago. Ā Just him telling multiple stories of how hard he is, how he is scared of his own striking power, and how he sizes up everyone he sees in a restaurant so he knows the best way to beat them up. Ā Such a ridiculous man.Ā Ā 

Ā 

On a somewhat related note I'm getting a bit tired in general of podcasts, interviews etc with old timers who just moan about how "no one can work these days, no one can draw a dime". Ā Same shit every time; "I called everything in the ring", "we had great matches they were selling out buildings everywhere" blah blah blah. Ā So many of these guys were never draws and had incredibly dull matches. Ā Basically, too many washed up wrestlers with an Al Snow attitude, sense of self importance, and delusions of past greatness. Ā 

I get what you mean, I only listen to interviews on a case by case basis. Saying that I have gone and downloaded those Paul Roma episodes just to hear how deluded he is.

When listening to one of the OSW Review mini Podcast's from Wrestlemania, they told a story about Virgil coming over to talk to them and then just randomly throwing into the conversation "yeah man, me and Hogan sold out the Colliseum. 60,000", and Maffew from Botchamania quick as a flash asks "where? Rome?"

Everyone from back in that era is a bullshit artist though. Acorrding to Kamala, he got $8,000 for his Summerdlam 92 match with Undertaker, who made $500,000 for the same match.

Didnt we have s thread for 'wrestling's greatest lies' at some point? Obviously there would be tonnes of Hogan ones in there, but other guysĀ must have told some blinding porkies over the years

• Paid Members

Not new to podcasts. Watching a lot of shoot interviews when they became widely popular 15 years or so ago had the same effect. So samey on a lot of stuff around their in ring experience and current wrestling. Massively over inflated opinion of their own ability in most cases.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Massively over inflated opinion of their own ability in most cases.

Is it Bam Bams shoot where he calls himself the best paid jobber in the business as he smiles and shrugs. It's one of the exceptions but is so funny to hear out of a wrestlers mouth.Ā