Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Like Russo, they actually think people will still listen if they talk about general life. As though anybody gives a shite about Vince Russo's son's wedding or his move to the woods, nobody cares. Unfortunately the only thing people care about are their opinion on Wrestling. That's what they are, Wrestling personalities, if i want marriage advice or film reviews or philosophical chat i will find a podcast dedicated to that. As Disco Inferno often says to Russo, all you have to do is DVR 5hrs of wrestling a week and skip through it in maybe 2.5-3 hours and have a ton more listeners.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

• Paid Members

I don't know if I can be arsed with Raven's new show, has anyone tried it yet?

If you want wrestling chat dont bother. Raven basically said that he had no direction going into and its just him babbling about whatever he fancies talking about really. His Mr. Skin interview was pretty good last week though.

I dont really see how Raven keeps an audience if he completely shys away from wrestling chat though.

Yeah I heard him say this on his recent spots on both Konnan's and Storm's shows and that's the only reason I said I wasn't sure whether to bother. If it was a wrestling podcast I'd definitely listen because I like Raven, but he really put me off when he said he couldn't really be bothered talking shop. Having said that, the recent episode synopses on iTunes seem to suggest that there is at least a bit of wrestling chat going on. The Mr Skin episode sounds like non-wrestling content that I would be willing to listen to anyway. 

Prichard had me in a right state this week doing Johnny Ace. Fucking hell

That had me laughing away as well. I find Bruce's impression's consistently hilarious. Loved the story about Wrestlemania 5's Morton Downey Jr. segment that overran by about 15 minutes, where Vince laughs and compliments Piper on it then turns to Bruce and says 'What the fuck was that Bruce? Goddam pal!'  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Paid Members

Prichard had me in a right state this week doing Johnny Ace. Fucking hell

That had me laughing away as well. I find Bruce's impression's consistently hilarious. Loved the story about Wrestlemania 5's Morton Downey Jr. segment that overran by about 15 minutes, where Vince laughs and compliments Piper on it then turns to Bruce and says 'What the fuck was that Bruce? Goddam pal!'  :laugh:  :laugh:

I remembered that being part of a massive long dead period in the show. Praise be for the WWE Network which let me check just now and confirm that it's only a few seconds short of FORTY MINUTES between matches.

And also that one of the fans in the front row turned into a fascist and became president.

SCG Radio returns this week, as we preview WrestleMania 33! Talking every match and angle building up to the biggest show of the year, the panel breaks down the lay of the land, what's been done well and what hasn't, an outlook on who looks to benefit and suffer, as well as analysing Raw and Smackdown before and after the "Ultimate Thrill Ride". In addition, we talk NXT Takeover and the Hall Of Fame, and the implications on the main roster of both events. Discussing topics ranging from the Broken Hardyz trademark, Brad Maddox's cameraman, Hulk Hogan, Conor McGregor, Kurt Angle and many many more, we look to attack Mania 33 from every angle. And of course, we take your feedback on the feuds you believe have shined or stunk, who should be called up from NXT, and much more. A fun show to get ready for Mania week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/muw8jw/SCG_Radio_116_-_WrestleMania_33_Preview.mp3

Have you guys blacklisted G? His absence is becoming slightly more concerning the more jokes you crack about him  :D

Enjoyed the show and its helped me get more excited for the Mains weekend, hope to see you guys out there and (not) buy Kieron a beer.

Edited by Otto Dem Wanz

OSW Review's first part of their new arc, here looking at TNA Destination X 2007, is out now. Very enjoyable episode

Yeah that was great, it felt like a fresh start for the guys as they haven't covered any TNA before and the event itself is really good but with enough gimmicky crap to take the piss out off.

• Paid Members

In the absence of Martin Bushby, I'm in the host seat this month, alongside Oli Court for British Audio Wrestling on The LAW. We talk all the ITV World Of Sport stuff from today, WWE UK in Norwich and review Progress Galvanize from Manchester last week. We also squeeze in some stuff from Fight Club Pro, Attack! and Oli's trip to WXW 16 Carat.

http://fightnetwork.com/law/march-27-edition-of-british-audio-wrestling-w-oli-court-benno/

Edited by Benno

SCG Radio returns this week, as we preview WrestleMania 33! Talking every match and angle building up to the biggest show of the year, the panel breaks down the lay of the land, what's been done well and what hasn't, an outlook on who looks to benefit and suffer, as well as analysing Raw and Smackdown before and after the "Ultimate Thrill Ride". In addition, we talk NXT Takeover and the Hall Of Fame, and the implications on the main roster of both events. Discussing topics ranging from the Broken Hardyz trademark, Brad Maddox's cameraman, Hulk Hogan, Conor McGregor, Kurt Angle and many many more, we look to attack Mania 33 from every angle. And of course, we take your feedback on the feuds you believe have shined or stunk, who should be called up from NXT, and much more. A fun show to get ready for Mania week, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/muw8jw/SCG_Radio_116_-_WrestleMania_33_Preview.mp3

Have you guys blacklisted G? His absence is becoming slightly more concerning the more jokes you crack about him  :D

Enjoyed the show and its helped me get more excited for the Mains weekend, hope to see you guys out there and (not) buy Kieron a beer.

Haha! Nah, we're just messing around, he's heading out to Mania with us as well and will likely be on the post-Mania show if things line up right.

Glad you dug it though, was a lot of fun to do. Likewise - hope to bump into a few people from here in the next week or so, should be a blast B-)

Gave Edge & Christians podcast a go last night - "The Pod Of Awesomeness" :unsure:

Goldberg was the first guest, pretty good get actually, he came on and had a little cry about how hard it's all been and how the fans don't understand. He has always come across to me as such a thick prat.

Best bits was the stuff outside of him, obviously you get the E+C as 2 middle aged blokes acting 13 routine but they do let loose a bit, bit of profanity laced in, and they do this bit at the beginning in which they play real answer phone messages (they put the number on Twitter) to mixed results, couple of stupid hillbillies rang and left messages that got a laugh from me.

Solid enough start I will listen to the next one.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser

I'm hoping Edge & Christian's podcast will improve over time. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly good either. The best part was Gallows calling in as Howard Finkel at the start.

With so many other wrestling podcasts to choose from these days though, there's just no room for shows where the guest is talking to them on the phone for an hour. I can't be fucked having to listen extra carefully to hear what's being said.

Shane McMahon is on there on Friday.

I might give Bruce's podcasts a try, is it good to start from the beginning of his podcasts, what episode number should I start from please.

From the beginning. It's a great podcast, as irritating as some parts are.

At the start Prichard was annoying, since he's such a bullshitter & contradicts everything Meltzer says just for the sake of it (Conrad uses The Observer for 95% of his research). And I liked Conrad from the Flair podcast. But now it's like they've both done a 180. I've warmed to Prichard because I get him more now. He's still carny as fuck but he's giving us a lot more now than he was at the start, and he seems less defensive. I think he likes doing the podcast now since it has good numbers & good reviews. At the start he seemed to be doing it begrudgingly.

Conrad is still a good host, but his ego has grown massively to where he berates Prichard pointlessly, throws hissy fits, keeps cracking open cans of coke to guzzle down his massive gob mixed in with some dry roasted peanuts, and sounds really uncool when he curses.

But I really look forward to the show each week, because Prichard was there for all the best eras in WWF/WWE. Every topic is something I grew up on, and using The Observer as a source works really well too because you're also getting Meltzer's take on things. So rather than ask Prichard an open-ended question (which he would end up talking a lot about, but saying very little), Conrad tells him something Meltzer said, and asks him to elaborate. So there are a number of interesting dynamics in play.

Even though I'm finding Conrad really annoying and getting big for his boots with 'we are the most DL'd podcast! Schtick I'm finding it the most interesting podcast of the week to look forward to! Fuck me it musta cost a bomb to fly flair in business class and his fee, looking at around 15k surely?!?

I'm hoping Edge & Christian's podcast will improve over time. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly good either. The best part was Gallows calling in as Howard Finkel at the start.

With so many other wrestling podcasts to choose from these days though, there's just no room for shows where the guest is talking to them on the phone for an hour. I can't be fucked having to listen extra carefully to hear what's being said.

Shane McMahon is on there on Friday.

Gallows and Anderson are so entertaining when they podcast!!