Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Our first annual Grumbly Awards show is available here: http://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/entrant-no-50-the-1st-annual-royal-grumble-awards/

Recorded on Friday before nothing else in the world at all happened this week, it features such classic awards as the ICOPRO Award for Most Vascular Wrestler, the Dave Meltzer 4¾ Stars Match of the Year, the Michael PS Hayes award and Best Wrestler Penis (again, I must remind you, recorded on Friday at an early time). Download now!

• Paid Members

Watching the great OJ doc by ESPN a while ago, I then got thinking how pleasing it was wrestling didn't stoop to the level of trying to hire him, seeing the 90s were mental.

Nope. Prichard said on the latest Piper episode they were all working hard to do OJ v Piper at that WrestleMania, before pretty much everyone outside the bubble pointed out how such a thing could tank their brand; you know, promoting the world's most famous murderer etc.

Wrestling really is the sewer, sometimes.

Edited by ColinBollocks

I'm still enjoying Storm & Cyrus enough to listen each week, but the past two weeks they have quickly mentioned in passing something really interesting and then annoyingly moved on before getting into too much detail.

Two weeks ago they interviewed Dawn Marie (her first wrestling interview in almost a decade since she did some shoots).

Mid-conversation she casually mentioned that shit hit the fan when people within WWE found out she was sleeping with Kurt Angle on the road. I was shocked and wanted to know more, but Lance stuck to his pre-prepared questions and moved on!

Then last week, Lance mentioned the fact Chris Jericho was lined up to be Jerry Lynn's mystery partner in the ECW Heat Wave '99 main event.

He had finished with WCW, was waiting to start with WWE and was eager to do it. But Heyman having numerous other things going on, he never called Chris to work out the fine details and it didn't happen.

That would have been huge for ECW at that time I reckon.

• Paid Members

Conrad is finally starting to grate on me like he grates on you lot. Latest pet peeve is him constantly saying "catch me up", "chat me up" and "what say you?" All the bastard time. It was getting ridiculous at points during the Piper episode.

• Paid Members

I can tune Conrad out, I also didn't care about the Miller Time bits. The main talking point of that show should be Bruce's emotion when talking about the passing of Piper.

Heart wrenching.

• Paid Members

The No Holds Barred episode (something I've watched a million times and well full into every detail over several times on this forum over the years) had me clawing my eyes out. Especially when Bruce and Conrad had one of their arguments and Conrad took the huff. Its like, fuck that shit. Its not entertaining, I dont want to hear you working your own angles, just run through the fucking subject in hand. Conrad seems like one of those spoilt fat southern wife beaters, who gets all upset when he cant get his own way.

Anyway, back on topic, some of the questions from Conrad were unbelievably stupid in regards to No Holds Barred. Without the Observer to copy questions from, he's fucking clueless.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

He doesn' seem to have any historical context. I listened to one where he asked whether or not LOD were being punished because they only got to do a 1 minute squash with Power and Glory at Wrestlemania VII. Punished? I bet they were over the fucking moon!

I can't stand his fat fucking voice either. I can picture him sweating. 

Prichard is flat out killing me at the moment, I've had to knock listening to it at the gym on the head as I swear I'm one rendition of "spend my days workin hard" away from dropping a dumbbell on my head, has me in fits. I'd happily just listen to a bonus show of his impressions for an hour and have a break from that mess Conrad.

Edited by Ambulance Chaser