Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

The women's wrestling legend known as Klondyke Kate will be my guest on The Rock Show LIVE! this coming Monday evening ... www.therockshowlive.com ... we're at it like fools from 8pm on the website (free chatbox for any nonsense you wish to post), via the TuneIn app on your favourite smart device or at any number of other outlets worldwide (details on the site & on Facebook ... www.facebook.com/1.therockshow).

wyvern_wrestling_10march2017.jpg

Support this awesome cause, & get to see some top notch wrestling action to boot.   :)  Klondyke Kate & I will be talking about this & more on Monday evening ... 

Edited by Arthur B. Funky

• Paid Members

What I hate about Conrad is that he's got no opinions of his own. Its either in the Observer at the time it happened, or that's that. No common knowledge or sense that what he's reading probably didnt happen in hindsight. For example I was listening to the nWo show and he says "at this taaaam Hogan was signed to the XWEEF." Hogan was never signed to the XWF. It makes no sense that he'd be signed to a promotion that ran one TV taping. Use your head, you know. There's a lot like this where Conrad exposes himself as just a bloke who reads old Observers and doesnt actually have a clue what he's talking about.

• Moderators

Listening to the start of this weeks Something to Wrestle, and seeing the graphic Bruce had on Impact when he came out in the photos available I'd not be surprised to see Conrad turn up on TNA.

Edited by PowerButchi

Conrad grilling Bruce about putting the belt on hogan so he could take it on a European tour was hilarious! Bruce is so pro Vince though, there is no objectivity sometimes from him

The something to wrestle with.....long pause....isn't funny anymore either

SCG Radio returns this week, as we return to the Monday Night War Timeline to talk February 1999! Covering every Raw, Nitro, and PPV of the month, complete with backstage news and notes from the Observer and Torch Newsletters of the time, the panel go through an incredible month that marks the beginning of a noticeable turn in the tide. Talking about Kevin Nash's new direction that leads to tanking ratings and a massive internal implosion, Rey Mysterio Jr. losing his mask, Goldberg challenging Steve Austin, the debut of Paul Wight in the WWF, Austin Vs. Vince in a cage, the beginnings of a backlash to the WWF's Attitude, Bret Hart in a backstage tug-of-war, Ric Flair getting destroyed repeatedly, the Ministry of Darkness continuing their reign of terror targeting teddy bears, Sable gets nuclear heat and WrestleMania's main event is set. And of course, all the facts, figures, ratings and buyrates to give the accurate breakdown of what happened and when. No revisionism here, check it out and let us know what you think!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/n923p6/SCG_Radio_114_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_February_1999.mp3

Lovely timing while listening to this. Listening to it on a packed packed train due to Lime Street landslide. Phoned missus to tell her how everything was. End the call and all you can hear from my loud speaker at a good loud tone is Kieran saying "I think it was piss. Toxic steroid blue piss." Great. Some decidedly dodgy looks now.

Edited by stevieg1980

And so as with every good, bad or average wrestling podcast, this week's Royal Grumble takes a look at the Attitude Era in a pandering grab for ratings. We discuss some positives and some not-so-positives, including Rock/Mankind on RAW and Halftime Heat, Jericho "winning" the WWF Title to further Triple H's feud with Earl Hebner, Mark Henry and Sammy and much more.

We also play "Kane vs. Kane" featuring the popular Tottenham and England striker as well as Undertaker's brother, there's coverage of Progress Chapt. 44, PCW's Road to Glory, changes at TNA Impact Wrestling amongst many others.

It's a good show, so please check it out and as always, any feedback is appreciated: http://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/entrant-no-48-the-attitude-era-get-it/

• Paid Members

I'm slowly making my way through Something To Wrestle With. I think my favourite bit of information from Prichard, is that Vince spent a significant amount of time and money covering up Hulk Hogan's baldness, before realising it was a futile expense because Hogan's hair was falling out in clumps.

Edited by ColinBollocks