Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

That story about Wahoo McDaniel/Pat O'Connor and Harley Race just fascinated me, how real it all was to them, literally about 90% fucking shoot. O'Connor and Race saying the NWA champ shouldn't be an Indian strap match etc, and it all ending in a big scuffle with Paul Bosch coming to Ringside to break it up!!! Double tough bastards.

• Paid Members

That story about Wahoo McDaniel/Pat O'Connor and Harley Race just fascinated me, how real it all was to them, literally about 90% fucking shoot. O'Connor and Race saying the NWA champ shouldn't be an Indian strap match etc, and it all ending in a big scuffle with Paul Bosch coming to Ringside to break it up!!! Double tough bastards.

Unrelated but Austin told a great Harely Race story about trying to fix his neck on the Paul Roma podcast a few weeks back. Funny stuff.

SCG Radio is back as we return to the Monday Night War Timeline to talk January 1999! Discussing every Raw, Nitro and PPV of the month, along with detailed backstage notes from the Wrestling Observer and Pro Wrestling Torch newsletters of the time, we break down all the top stories. Analysing January 4th, Tony Schiavone, the Fingerpoke of Doom, the reformation of the nWo, Mankind winning the WWF Title, madness at the Royal Rumble, Halftime Heat, Ric Flair as WCW President, the backlash to the WWF's content, Mark Henry gets a handful, the birth of the Ministry of Darkness, the continued neutering of Bill Goldberg, Sable creates a stir backstage, Russo's work coming to light and much, much more. In addition, we have all the facts and figures of the time which reveal some interesting realities that contradict the WWF's narrative of the month. A very fun show this week, check it out and join us next week as we look at February 1999!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/d4qxdt/SCG_Radio_113_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_January_1999.mp3

• Awards Moderator

SCG Radio is back as we return to the Monday Night War Timeline to talk January 1999! Discussing every Raw, Nitro and PPV of the month, along with detailed backstage notes from the Wrestling Observer and Pro Wrestling Torch newsletters of the time, we break down all the top stories. Analysing January 4th, Tony Schiavone, the Fingerpoke of Doom, the reformation of the nWo, Mankind winning the WWF Title, madness at the Royal Rumble, Halftime Heat, Ric Flair as WCW President, the backlash to the WWF's content, Mark Henry gets a handful, the birth of the Ministry of Darkness, the continued neutering of Bill Goldberg, Sable creates a stir backstage, Russo's work coming to light and much, much more. In addition, we have all the facts and figures of the time which reveal some interesting realities that contradict the WWF's narrative of the month. A very fun show this week, check it out and join us next week as we look at February 1999!

https://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/download/d4qxdt/SCG_Radio_113_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_January_1999.mp3

I'm with you Liam. Machinations with the hard 'ck' sound. That's possibly the American pronunciation so technically the 'sh' sound might be correct in British English, but I'd always go with the 'ck' when I say it.

• Paid Members

I've listen to half before my network allowance was done (can't wait to get WiFi in my apartment as apparently free WiFi isn't a thing here). Great show so far.

However there are some really sloppy edits in there. I'm not sure what got cut in some cases, in others you can work it out, but it makes it a bit disjointed. It's not normal for SCG. I mean I can sometimes tell there is an edit but its not that jarring in past episodes. I can only assume time was against someone on this one.

Edited by Tommy!

This week's Royal Grumble is live as we're taking a look at Kevin Nash's WWE career circa 2002-2011 - the truly great Nash years. We're breaking down WWE's version of the nWo, another 2003 Triple H friends feud that felt like it never ended, the Hair vs. Hair match that ended with nobody getting shaved bald and whether or not Big Kev was the smartest worker in the world (featuring the Nash Bump Counterâ„¢)

Other topics include ICW in Sheffield and whether Lionheart is or is not a fanny, SmackDown's title shenanigans and more. It's a fun ride and, more importantly, it focuses on Big Sexy, so you know it's good. Link is here: 

http://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/entrant-no-47-kevin-nash-wwe-career-mode/

- please check it out!