Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

I'm genuinely gutted I've missed the Brookside banter. I need to pull it back to Brookside though as I can't miss an opportunity to mention Terry Sullivan was jailed for being part of a bank robbery where I think someone got killed with a shotgun unless I've Brookied up my memories of it.

Also that cult storyline would have been Ravens flock in the ECW analogy with Terry playing Dreamer and Barry playing Sandman.

Thought Schiavone's podcast this week on the first Clash of the Champions was the best thus far. Can't decide if its him getting into his stride a bit more, better material to work with (he seemed to remember much more), or a combination of both.

I think Schiavone's fondest memories are from the Crockett era, so that will definitely help. I've loved listening to him so far. I think it's a combination of the nostalgia of hearing that voice again, the stories he's telling and the fact he's genuinely very funny.

• Moderators

I'm genuinely gutted I've missed the Brookside banter. I need to pull it back to Brookside though as I can't miss an opportunity to mention Terry Sullivan was jailed for being part of a bank robbery where I think someone got killed with a shotgun unless I've Brookied up my memories of it.

Also that cult storyline would have been Ravens flock in the ECW analogy with Terry playing Dreamer and Barry playing Sandman.

He was the getaway driver for someone blowing someone else's head off by my ex's on the Aigburth Rd.

• Paid Members

Thought Schiavone's podcast this week on the first Clash of the Champions was the best thus far. Can't decide if its him getting into his stride a bit more, better material to work with (he seemed to remember much more), or a combination of both.

ive only listened to the first one so far, enjoyed it. Schiavone comes off as honest and is light hearted about it all. I'd much rather him give a 'i can't remember' answer than give the sort of generic/stock answers Bruce Prichard tends to give.

Agreed on the Schiavone show from this week, the best by a mile so far for me, love that first clash.

I thought the Prichard show on Houston Wrestling was tremendous, 3 hours of stories about Gino Hernandez, Bill Watts, The Crocketts etc. Great stuff. Next Wednesday they are doing the show about Bruce's firing from WWE, should be interesting.

• Paid Members

I can see the Conrad situation ending in a bad way.

He does have a very inflated ego right now and seemingly thinks himself some part of the business the way he comes across. Add that into the mix of him rubbing up some important people the wrong way from some of the stuff he's said. It's gonna come crashing down spectacularly I reckon.

You can't throw so much shit out there and not have some of it come back at you.

Still, I love the shows.

Edited by Silky Kisser

The Houston show was the best in a while if not ever even if Conrad tried saying otherwise near the end, I'd much rather hear Bruce talking about times and people he truly loves than a manchilds attempts at getting dirt and repeats of "but da meltz said..".