Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Keepin' It 100/Killing the Town/The Brand are still my goto podcasts. I dip into others depending on guests but those 3 are my weekly listening. The crossover/feuds between all 3 make for some great listening, i think all parties know the animosity probably leads to more listeners but some of them genuinely seem to dislike each other.

Lance Storm absolutely merked Disco Inferno a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure i'd fancy going on killing the town and taking those 2 on if i'm honest, not sure there are many smarter blokes in Wrestling than Storm and Cyrus.

Thought Storm came off as a bit of a prick on that. Disco didn't take the bait and argue back, but it was clear from the start that Storm and Cyrus (more Storm which was surprising) were out to bury Disco. It's a good example of how there genuinely seems to be some malice between them, despite them knowing that all the bullshit = listeners.

Disco went back on Keepin' It 100 and said he was ambushed.

I like Cyrus, he tells a great story and clearly works the gimmick but you get the sense that he genuinely sees himself as a top rate worker. He talks about his in-ring stuff as if it's some of the greatest in history. Has anyone ever actually seen him work a match?

Cyrus I take as tongue in cheek, heenan like in over self promoting. I haven't listened to them since the disco episode. Was getting to point of being nasty. And I agreed with disco re the selling. Not everything should be a massive sell. The wrestlers are meant to be larger than life. Storm has his set ways, half watches shows then goes off on one about things he would have seen in full show, and thought Tyler Bate being from Dudley was a rib on the Dudley boys. Can do without ten mins a week of disco reviews and reviews of ecw shows

• Paid Members

When hearing Cyrus, Konnan and Disco all on other episodes as guests (Jericho's as far as I remember) I really enjoyed them so I tried out their own podcasts. However I haven't given any of them a second listen as hosts. I just didn't enjoy them from first try as hosts as I have with others.

I don't like to listen to Storm either from when he used to do shows on The Obsever Live now and again. He sounds very intelligent about the business obviously and doesn't take much prompting to talk, but my god he's such a downer on just about everything that I always found him tough to listen to and after a while, I would often avoid episodes he appeared on.

Edited by WeeAl

Bullying!!! Jesus it's grown men who have been in the Wrestling industry 20 odd years, if they aint got thick enough skin to take a towsing by now then there is no hope. Disco is big enough to sit on Konnans show and give it large or batter that jeff lane on Russo's show so he should be able to take it also. Problem is he said things then got his contradictions pointed out and had no retort. Bear in mind i really like Disco but boy does he tie himself in knots.

Discos whole gimmick right now is that he enjoys bullying people, he comes straight out and says that so seeing Lance rip the shit out of him was justice. He's also cosying up to the Alt-Right and that's possibly a work but it makes it even more enjoyable to see him cry.

Bullying!!! Jesus it's grown men who have been in the Wrestling industry 20 odd years, if they aint got thick enough skin to take a towsing by now then there is no hope. Disco is big enough to sit on Konnans show and give it large or batter that jeff lane on Russo's show so he should be able to take it also. Problem is he said things then got his contradictions pointed out and had no retort. Bear in mind i really like Disco but boy does he tie himself in knots.

Disco is great isnt he. Always pop for "thats very disrespectful".

Not saing he may take it, but I listen to podcasts for entertainment, and awkward conversations like that aren't entertaining to me

• Paid Members

I dont want to kill the gimmick, but the Disco/Cyrus stuff is a work (if it wasnt obvious). I dont think anyone in the business dislikes Disco, but hes always been the fall guy on podcasts dating back to WCW Live in 99. He sees his role in pro wrestling as a loser who people laugh at. He lives the gimmick.

• Paid Members

Disco is great isnt he. Always pop for "thats very disrespectful".

yeh Disco doesn't care, he dishes it out as good as he gets.

I make a point of listening to every Russo podcast that Disco's on. "That's very disrespectful" and Konnan's kazoo always get a laugh out of me.

• Paid Members

I dont want to kill the gimmick, but the Disco/Cyrus stuff is a work (if it wasnt obvious). I dont think anyone in the business dislikes Disco, but hes always been the fall guy on podcasts dating back to WCW Live in 99. He sees his role in pro wrestling as a loser who people laugh at. He lives the gimmick.

yeh, it is. I think every now and then they cross the line with other though yet everyone involved knows how to play the game so they keep it going. The feud's over the podcasts are as good as anything on TV for me.