Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Steve Austin was the one that got him the job at Podcast One, Austin had him on his show 3 times and after the 3rd time had a word with his people at Podcast One and then they contacted Russo. He owes a lot to Steve Austin. One thing I did find fascinating was he said the money doesn't come in till 6 months later. So he done 5 shows a week Monday - Friday for 6 months before getting paid. Apparantly that's the way Podcast One works, the sponsors pay them for 6 months and then they start paying out monthly afterwards. Seems like a good gig. I'm sure Austin has more listeners and makes more money though. But it shows Steve is a good person when he wants to be.

• Paid Members

I imagine its like the Jericho thing. Jericho and Austin and Shaq, the big names, probably get contracted and get a flat fee to do these shows, thus bringing in big sponsorships. Where as people like Lance Storm or Konnan or the likes of Stuttering John from the Howard Stern have to make their money via sponsorship. Always found it strange that there's this odd mix of massive names and then you have comedians who arent even funny doing them.

• Paid Members

podcasters have to be making some decent coin, i can't imagine a guy like Eric Bischoff getting involved if it didn't have some kind of fincancial reward.

True - but then there's also the flipside of some of them loving the sound of their own voices, and doing it as either a hobby or an ego thing.

Had to unfollow Conrad Thompson on twitter. Sent him an innocent tweet saying keep up the good work, your podcast with Bruce is 'becoming the best wrestling one out there'

He just tweeted me back 'becoming?' - lol - this guy is getting too big for his boots! Seems like it's going to his head

• Paid Members

He was grand when he started. He's really just a money mark who gets to act like a bit of prick because he is loaded.

He and Pritchard geniuenly seem to get on but I can't imagine his bellendery would pass if he wasn't financing the podcast

Excuse the cheap plug but you will hopefully enjoy our podcast! It's a professional production and so far, we've had interviews with Trent Seven, Pete Dunne, Dave Mastiff, Clint Margera, Cody Rhodes, Ryback, RVD and more.

Our latest episode features Chikara Pro's founder Mike Quackenbush on why they've moved King Of Trios to Birmingham, England, which is obviously awesome news!! Anyway... please check us out:

https://audioboom.com/channel/buzzards

Or Download here: https://itun.es/gb/dJI8db.c

If you got this far... thanks!

• Paid Members

I wasn't really on board with the Conrad negativity as much as most. I was neither here nor there on him but that proflowers.com plug he does where he goes "with a free glass VAAAASE" makes me want to cut his voice box out with a rusty Stanley knife. The way he says the word 'vase' in that stupid voice every fucking time.

On the positive side, I love Bruce's impressions. The Jerry Jarrett is the best but his Vince, Savage and Dusty are all brilliant as well. I've completely done a 180 on Bruce because of this podcast. I always kind of disliked him for no real reason before but he's great on this.