Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

A quick heads up - as we're doing our second "RuView" on the podcast this week, looking at Spring Stampede 2000, if anybody would like to leave any feedback from your memories of watching the show (if you have, and I'm not wishing it on people, hence not making a new thread for it), you can do so over at the Facebook page, www.facebook.com/scgradio

• Paid Members

More love for Something to Wrestle from me. Saw it gettin over huge on this page and ive jumped on board and i just need to listen to the Sunny ep and im upto date.

Did not know Hogan had that helmet fist thing, wow.

hahaha - yeah, I had no idea WTF they were on about so had to Google it. Have NEVER seen that before in 30 years watching wrestling!!

Hulk-Hogan-Fist-Helmet-2.jpg

Add me into the live in for Something to Wrestle With. I've always looked at Bruce Pritchard with a sneer just for never liking Brother Love but I've really enjoyed him and Conrad.

The story about Sheik Tugboat though for Wrestlemania 7 what a scary thought.

• Paid Members

In fairness, he was asking what the creative process was like back then as opposed to today but he framed it awfully. I thought Triple H humoured him fairly well but it was clear he was there to plug the movie which is fair enough.

Listening to the new British Audio Wrestling show on the LAW and I'm not sure I'm going to get used to Martin Bushby's voice. The other host, Oli, and Benno from on here are both coming across well though.

• Paid Members

In fairness, he was asking what the creative process was like back then as opposed to today but he framed it awfully. I thought Triple H humoured him fairly well but it was clear he was there to plug the movie which is fair enough.

Listening to the new British Audio Wrestling show on the LAW and I'm not sure I'm going to get used to Martin Bushby's voice. The other host, Oli, and Benno from on here are both coming across well though.

Just tried to give this a go. I lasted 43 seconds, Martin Bushby might have the most off putting voice I've ever heard on a podcast. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm sure it's great, and they're very knowledgeable, but I just can't get down with that voice at all. Like Fin Martin angrily shouting while smashing plates, badly dubbed over the sound of nails on a chalkboard. 

• Paid Members

Yeah, he's got an awful voice for doing a podcast. Luckily, once you get past the first couple of minutes, the other two speak more than him. I've only got it on in the background in work but fuck trying to listen to his voice intently for any length of time.

• Paid Members

Martin is a great podcaster, me and Oli would be lost without his directing traffic. He had some mic issues also, so hopefully that will be sorted for the next episode.

I'm awaiting abuse for how much like Michael Owen I sound on radio, but anyone interested can check the show out here.

http://fightnetwork.com/law/6586145/

Apologies if this has been posted before but I've only just found out about it. Guardian Football Weekly producer Ben Green and Guardian Sport writer Jon Ashdown have started their own wrestling based podcast called The Parts Unknown, with a review of the UK tournament and chats with Triple H and Regal.

I often hear them mention Ben Greens love of wrestling in the guardian football podcast. I'll try the wrestling one, good shout.

The specific Bryan Alvarez question about the old Raw and the BBQ was from the episode 19 years ago that they had just reviewed.

The Parts Unknown is decent, and it helps that the two chaps profess to not being the most knowledgeable and up to date on indies, WWE etc, but more just fans which helps I think.

The chats with Triple H and Regal reveal nothing new, but are well worth 20 minutes of your time.