Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Conrad's lack of awareness when he read out a whole chapter about Shawn fucking Sunny was pretty dumb. It was uncomfortable listening, and its no wonder Shawn got angry when he heard about it.

I see that Flair has given up the podcast he did with Conrad... publically he says its because he's "too busy"  wonder if its cause Trips and Shawn have had a word?  

Not that I miss flair.   There's something that makes me cringe when I hear him speak "live" for any length of time.  

• Paid Members

In fairness, when I bothered listening to it, the Flair podcast was much better than you would expect. Going in you imagine you were getting him pissing tears every time someone gave him a compliment, but he was good fun for most of it.

The Flair podcast was great at the start - when they had Bret on - around that time. Flair was hilarious, he has a great memory, the show had a format, Conrad was well researched & kept some structrue, and he also knew when to STFU. The latter Flair shows were a bit of a rambling mess; the main problem was that Conrad no longer acted like a host - he started joining in on the laughing & interrupting, like 3 friends in a pub.

There was even one show where Flair & Conrad were both drunk, and it was complete shite. Just shouting and laughing. That was the turning point for me when Conrad had turned from a good podcast host into trying to be "one of the boyz". It's a shame, because for the first 10+ episodes of Woooo! Nation he was an amazing host.

I remember Flair unintentionally buried Conrad once (the Orndorff episode, I think) when he told Orndorff that Conrad pays wrestlers to come over to his house & hang out and he should avail of it - he pays like $5k or something, for legends to watch matches with him & hang out, and that's how they met. You could tell Conrad was freaked he said it, but it was true and he also couldn't tell Ric to shut up.

Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

Ah, the plot thickens. So basically Bruce takes Conrad's shit because he's on a weekly retainer just to be his mate? This makes so much sense now.

lol - I doubt he pays Bruce. Well actually, who knows....

He paid Ric though - at the start anyway. They met at a convention (that's how much Conrad discloses) and Conrad invited Ric to hang out with him for a fee (which Conrad omits from the story, but Flair has referred to a few times before, much to Conrad's chagrin), and then they became "mates". But I'd say he still buys the drinks and whatever other expensese are involved with them being friends.

EDIT: Found the clip. It was the Orndorff episode.

You can almost hear Conrad wincing and going "fuuuuck - STFU Ric!" Then quickly avoids the question & moves on ASAP:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60352061/WO/Orndorff.MP3

Edited by herbie747

I remember Flair unintentionally buried Conrad once (the Orndorff episode, I think) when he told Orndorff that Conrad pays wrestlers to come over to his house & hang out and he should avail of it - he pays like $5k or something, for legends to watch matches with him & hang out, and that's how they met. You could tell Conrad was freaked he said it, but it was true and he also couldn't tell Ric to shut up.

I wonder if they watched Supertape...

• Paid Members

EDIT: Found the clip. It was the Orndorff episode.

You can almost hear Conrad wincing and going "fuuuuck - STFU Ric!" Then quickly avoids the question & moves on ASAP:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60352061/WO/Orndorff.MP3

Jesus Christ that's cringeworthy....

It all makes sense though as Ric never failed to mention how loaded Conrad is, and he owns his own firm doesn't he?

Edited by garynysmon

• Paid Members

Yeah I've always thought it was pretty obvious why Ric Flair was all of the sudden best mates with this 30 something loaded Mortgage Company boss.

That's pretty much his M.O. Conrad is just the next in a long line of people picking up the Nature Boy's tab.

• Paid Members

I've noticed ads for his company are all over the MLW website. Does he own part of it, or is he just throwing money their way so they give him all the shows he wants?

Probably works for free in exchange for banner ads. He doesn't need the cash that MLW would pay for a host, so he's probably best off getting free plugs for his business. Makes sense TBH. Alice Radley worked for free.

• Paid Members

Conrad does occasionally come out with the odd line that makes him seem like a prick but I still love the show. Thats 100% down to Pritchard though he seems like a real likeable guy

Conrad does occasionally come out with the odd line that makes him seem like a prick but I still love the show. Thats 100% down to Pritchard though he seems like a real likeable guy