Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Kind of podcast related but does anyone follow Vince Russo's youtube channel? He pretty much archives his podcasts there but there's other youtube based shows from random people on there which are beyond bad, who the hell are these people? Im assuming they're brand members who Russo allows to post to his channel but fuck me, they're bad.

• Paid Members

I'm listening to the latest MLW radio and it's really frustrating me. They are talking about the possibility of Ronda Rousey going to WWE down the line as a roster member and doing multiple matches, comparing her to Brock Lesnar and things like that. Am I completely missing something?

Did she ever do pro wrestling training? For anything other than a one or two shot deal I think it would be madness. Once you get past the novelty and spectacle of a celebrity in the ring, unless they know what they are doing then there is nowhere to go with them, plus she would cost a bucket load of money.

They keep comparing it to the Brock Lesnar situation, but it's nothing similar in my book. Lesnar was groomed as the next major WWE star before he went off to UFC. When he came back he was coming back to something he knew how to do as a bigger star, with a (warranted) higher asking price than he had before but with a built in audience connection and genuine status as a returning main event star. Why would Rousey coming in be anything different than Mayweather, Rodman, Tyson etc, and not just be for a one off, expensive, big show spectacle?

Once you have combat sports experience, and with the performance centre, they could do pretty much anything with her. Have a look at how quickly Matt Riddle has transitioned is example I woudk use rather than Lesnar

• Paid Members

Once you have combat sports experience, and with the performance centre, they could do pretty much anything with her. Have a look at how quickly Matt Riddle has transitioned is example I woudk use rather than Lesnar

I'd not really thought about it before, but would her Judo training, specifically in break-falling not give her a reasonable grounding to do a bit of pro wrestling if she so chose? I've never done either myself, but the mechanics seems similar to back bumping. 

According to Conrad Thomson's twitter, the Ric Flair show is no more after naitch got fed up of doing it.

Didn't he get binned off the other Network also, it's Flair for crying out loud he's gone and done somat aint he, fondled a Stewardess or Stripped off in WalMart or something. Give him a month to repent and he will get another gig.

• Paid Members

Judo break falling would certainly allow you to know how to roll and back bump, so it's a good basis on that front. But it doesn't take that long to learn (from a Judo perspective). Knowing how to work a match I imagine must be infinitely more difficult.

• Paid Members

According to Conrad Thomson's twitter, the Ric Flair show is no more after naitch got fed up of doing it.

Didn't he get binned off the other Network also, it's Flair for crying out loud he's gone and done somat aint he, fondled a Stewardess or Stripped off in WalMart or something. Give him a month to repent and he will get another gig.

There's a good chance really. But he did seem to lose interest over the past few weeks as Conrad and Bruce stepped in to do one show for him and he hasn't done one since December 16. You'd think he needs the cash though, so yeah, pushed rather than jumped would be my inclination too.

The podcast market is massively oversaturated though, so one fewer is no real loss. I only listen to SCG and Bruce Pritchard's every week, and JR's and Austin's when they have decent guests. The Lapsed Fan is great but needs a herculean-esque effort as they're so bloody long. Not enough hours in a week otherwise.

Edited by garynysmon

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now online, reviewing WrestleKingdom 11. Breaking down every match, we look at the finer aspects of a tremendous show, as well as dish out criticism where needed, and take your feedback on the big event. Talking six star ratings, the utter greatness of Hiroshi Tanahashi, the growth of Tetsuya Naito, underused talent, the impending rise of the Juniors, Okada Vs. Omega and much more. Check it out and let us know what you think!

For anyone wondering why there's been no new episodes of New Generation Podcast, Stuart posted on the Facebook page in mid-December that he has been unable to work on the show at all due to personal circumstances. There has been nothing else posted since then, so I'm assuming it must be a pretty big issue for the lad

• Paid Members

I've only just discovered the Something to Wrestle podcast this week. While I'm sure Prichard talks some rubbish, it's fantastic (hardly news). The 1st TNA episode has some wonderful penny pinching stories on it, particularly the Sting HOF story.

Any other ones worth checking straight away? So many hours to listen too.