Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

• Paid Members

Conrad and Bruce Prichard is the best podcast out there, though. Especially how great Conrad is at squeezing the truth out of him. The shows are just great.

Yeah, I listened to the 'Vader in WWF' one in the week and I like the way Conrad doesn't let Prichard off the hook easily when he's doing his 'oh, I can't remember that' shit.

Loved the bit when Conrad was going through all the ways they buried Vader on TV and just started pissing himself at the ridiculousness of it all.

"You're hitting him in the head with hammers, making him wear an eye patch, throwing coffee in his eye. We gotta make him look strong, we're throwing coffee in his eye! I can't believe you can defend some of this shit."

"So, so far Goldust has hit him in the head with a hammer, then flashed his junk at him, played a quadriplegic, put alcohol in his eyes, and then they threw coffee in the good eye, then they dressed him up like Santa Claus, and then they hit him with a coconut out of his bra."

And later on talking about Vader going back to All Japan...

"I'm gonna tell you now if Kobashi had a coconut, a hammer or an eye patch Vader was fucked."

:laugh:

• Paid Members

Love Killing the Town. Cyrus is as blunt as fuck. Always loved his interviews. I do think we'll eventually get into a stage where we've heard the same stories over and over again, but for now he's still gold. I like their reviews of the ECW shows they were on.

i was listening to last weeks Konnan podcast where they played a clip from Killing the Town where Cyrus talked about Disco Inferno making a jokey comment about Cyrus and Storm suffering from the effects of concussions. Cyrus sounded pissed and in the clip demanded an on air apology from Disco who flat out refused. I imagine they've followed up on it since because im a week behind.

On the same Konnan podcast they reviewed the first show of the new promotion Vince Russo is involved with (at Vince's request) and they absolutely teared it to shreds. Vince has responded but i havne't listened to it yet.

There's an inter-promotional podcast war going on.

And it's the best fued in wrestling right now, I'm gonna listen to Disco on Jerichos later as I hear it carries on there too.

Vince has been a little hard to listen to recently, starting with that TSA rant it's like listening to LBC which noone should ever have to do. The whole conservative shock jock routine does nothing for me.

• Paid Members

i liked the intial responses when he called out Ryan Satin but looking at the listing he's still going on about it. Did Satin ever respond to Russo? The Pro Wrestling Sheet podcast hasn't updated on my app in 2 weeks.

• Paid Members

Conrad and Bruce Prichard is the best podcast out there, though. Especially how great Conrad is at squeezing the truth out of him. The shows are just great.

Yeah, I listened to the 'Vader in WWF' one in the week and I like the way Conrad doesn't let Prichard off the hook easily when he's doing his 'oh, I can't remember that' shit.

Loved the bit when Conrad was going through all the ways they buried Vader on TV and just started pissing himself at the ridiculousness of it all. "You're hitting him in the head with hammers, making him wear an eye patch, throwing coffee in his eye. We gotta make him look strong, we're throwing coffee in his eye! I can't believe you can defend some of this shit." "So, so far Goldust has hit him in the head with a hammer, then flashed his junk at him, played a quadriplegic, put alcohol in his eyes, and then they threw coffee in the good eye, then they dressed him up like Santa Claus, and then they hit him with a coconut out of his bra."

And later on talking about Vader going back to All Japan..."I'm gonna tell you now if Kobashi had a coconut, a hammer or an eye patch Vader was fucked."

:laugh:

I like the Pritchard podcast way more than what I thought. I do think Conrad can get a bit carried away calling Pritchard out on his answers when he doesnt like it. Im not talking about the clear skirting of answers. Just because the reasoning was faulty doesnt mean it isnt legitimate

• Paid Members

He probably mentioned it before and I wasn't paying attention, but it blew my mind this week that Conrad was only 35. With this apparent wealth, and I suppose, size, I had him pegged as in his 40's at least.

Hes only three years older than me - I wish I ran a Mortgage company and was able to buy myself a Ric Flair.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

I thought Conrad was 60 and retired and doing this as a part time thing. And that was based on a photo of him looking at fat and beardy. Good on him. He's became wealthy at an age he can enjoy and doing podcasts with wrestlers. Not a bad life.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Just to drop this in here, the latest Squared Circle Gazette Radio is now up, as we return to our Monday Night War Timeline series to talk about December 1998! Discussing all the big stories in WCW and WWF during this month with notes from the Observer and Torch Newsletters of the time, we break down ever Raw, Nitro and PPV. We talk all about Kevin Nash ending Goldberg's streak at Starrcade, Ric Flair stealing every show he's on, Eric Bischoff announces a landmark deal with NBC, the rise of DX and Mankind in Steve Austin's absence, fuck finishes galore, the awkward use of Shawn Michaels, Sexual Chocolate bringing the ratings, all the facts and figures of the month, as well as a breakdown of where things stand when evaluating 1998 as a whole. The final cap on 1998 in our series, check it out and let us know what you think!

http://squaredcirclegazette.podbean.com/mf/web/ec3qkj/SCG_Radio_106_-_The_Monday_Night_War_in_1998_-_December.mp3

After 8pm this evening, I'll be chatting with the man who built the WoS ring and so many others around Europe; Martyn 'Rampage' Pearce will be on The Rock Show LIVE!  He's a former pro-wrestler, now turned ring fabricator along with all the sundries, accessories and merch.

http://www.therockshowlive.com- syndicated via many sources, but would love your interaction directly on our own website.

If you have any questions, please get in touch - studio@therockshow.co.uk - and I'll endeavour to get them asked 'n' answered.

• Paid Members

Really enjoyed this timeline again. Such a brilliant year. Thanks as always for doing these. I've been joining in watching through as mentioned in the feedback and I'd genuinely forgotten how great a year it was. Because 1997 is my all-time favourite and 1999 is really septic, I'd soured on 1998 undeservedly. Been such fun to watch it again. D'Lo and Mark Henry are awesome. In fact, the Nation is pretty great all year, The Rock becomes a superstar and Godfather got over massively. So a pretty successful group all round.

From my records, I think the War gets really uncompetitive really quick although January is still pretty close. I think Nitro does nearly a 6 unopposed when it's the dog show but then gets smashed the next week regardless. That's when you know it's done as a battle.

• Paid Members

OSW Review have released the final part of their WCW mid 90s arc (WCW Uncensored 96)

I've never listened to any of these, might give them a whirl some of these days as they don't seem ridiculously long like the Lapsed Fan podcasts and some of the New Generation ones.

Really enjoyed this timeline again. Such a brilliant year. Thanks as always for doing these. I've been joining in watching through as mentioned in the feedback and I'd genuinely forgotten how great a year it was. Because 1997 is my all-time favourite and 1999 is really septic, I'd soured on 1998 undeservedly. Been such fun to watch it again. D'Lo and Mark Henry are awesome. In fact, the Nation is pretty great all year, The Rock becomes a superstar and Godfather got over massively. So a pretty successful group all round.

From my records, I think the War gets really uncompetitive really quick although January is still pretty close. I think Nitro does nearly a 6 unopposed when it's the dog show but then gets smashed the next week regardless. That's when you know it's done as a battle.

Not a problem, thanks for the feedback. Kind of agree in that a lot of the details really slipped my mind about 1998 before I rewatched it all about three years back. Sure, everybody vividly remembers the ten to twenty obvious talking points between the two companies, but watching through you get a much better sense of the tenor of the times, and there's a lot of stuff that slips through the cracks that almost slaps you in the face when you see it. The D'Lo/Henry combination is a great example - I remember them being an amusing double act, but those guys are a blast together. DDP as somebody who cooled off the harder they pushed him stands out. The stoned Hawk angle went for ages. How the Horsemen did absolutely nothing when they returned for two straight months...and how, even by the end of the year when WWF is winning by a decent stretch, WCW is winning quarters and has narrowed the gap as December ends based on Flair being the focus of the company, rather than Nash/Goldberg.

• Paid Members

I haven't listened to it yet, i'm looking forward to the drive home from work to stick it on, but X-Pac is on Jericho's latest podcast so that should be a really entertaining listen.