Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

Kurt Angle was extremely candid on Austin's podcast about his career, home life problems, injuries and especially his drug problems. He seems in such a better place compared to how he sounded a few years ago when he was doing the rounds in media interviews.

Yeah, this is one of the best interviews I've heard in a long time. Not much talk on the wrestling front but that's wasn't the point of this episode. A really interesting listen and like you say, it's great to hear Kurt sounding in a much better place.

Just catching up on a load of podcasts after being on holiday. Torrie Wilson on Flair's podcast is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever listened to. Flair spends the whole interview interrupting her, talking over her about how he's still got her Playboy, how she rejected his advances in WCW, how he once sent her a dick pic and she denied receiving it. Poor Torrie (who comes across as a really nice person) just seems mortified and tries to laugh it all off, but fucking hell.

going right off Flair. I know he's lived the gimmick and everything but that's just sad, that and the Halle Berry/"would I have to tell a lie?" debacle with his old boy's club or whatever are just fuckin embarrassing

Just catching up on a load of podcasts after being on holiday. Torrie Wilson on Flair's podcast is one of the most uncomfortable things I've ever listened to. Flair spends the whole interview interrupting her, talking over her about how he's still got her Playboy, how she rejected his advances in WCW, how he once sent her a dick pic and she denied receiving it. Poor Torrie (who comes across as a really nice person) just seems mortified and tries to laugh it all off, but fucking hell.

The same foolish bloke who basically said who gives a fuck about taking steroids, and having zero effect, when he discussed Brock. Didn't he say "Give me a break" thereafter. It's funny how he had his poor little heart broken and couldn't deal with it, completely oblivious to the fact he was a cunt of a husband who deserves zero sympathy.

'Taker was just crowing around threatening to torture people in Latin and stuff.

Having rewatched this angle recently on the network, it makes no sense

In November 98 I believe, Taker got all satanic, and referred to a "ministry" and feuded with Austin.   At this point, The Rock was the WWF champ and was firmly "on side" with Vince.  

After St Valentie's day massacre, Austin is still nowhere near the title picture, and has a guaranteed lock in title shot at Wrestlemania.   Meanwhile Taker's making threats, so Vince books him against bossman in HIAC.  

After mania, the threats on Vince continues, he takes a back seat as he looks out for Steph.   Meanwhile Shane gets more and more of a git.  

McMahon pleads with Austin, Austin saves Steph, McMahon thanks Austin, Shane turns on Vince.  

Shane screws Austin out of the title, (presumeably a week later than intended following Owen's death) we all learn that Vince was behind everything, it was an elaborate plot to get the belt off Austin and make him care apparently.  

So, in Kayfabe, Vince hatches a plan where he's going to get a belt off of Austin 4 months before he's even won it back?   I like the revelation promo ("It was me Austin!!!!") but the timing doesn't make sense. 

It's the higher power thing that kills it. 'Taker is mentioning this before WrestleMania. Had he started mentioning it afterward you could reason that even after setting sentimental teddy bear on fire and trying to essentially trying to murder his head of security by having The Lost Boys hang him from a cell, Vince still went into a deal with the devil just to get the title back off Austin. I suppose you could kinda reason the higher power was an actual oath to the actual devil, and post WrestleMania Vince just stepped in and acted as benefactor. Not that Russo thought of any of this, but it's still fun to ponder.

Either way I love all of the Ministry, I love all of the Corporation and I love that they became something called a Corporate Ministry. That theme music kills.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Does anyone listen much to the Torch's livecasts? I listen to the Observer Radio and the LAW for most of my current wrestling chat but the 4g often cuts out when on the move. However I noticed all recent Torch livecasts are available on download on Podbean, so I might give them a whirl for when I'm out of WiFi range and unable to listen to the Observer radio shows hassle free.

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members

Wade Keller is known to spend up to at least 10 minutes a segment plugging his newsletter. He's unbelievably shameless. He'll have Kevin Nash or someone sitting there playing with his plonker while he spouts off a 10% offer he using the code word "AustinShow" or some shite.

Loved Jim Neidhart on the Jericho podcast. I was wondering why he needed Tyson Kidd on there as well. Obviously thinking "do a seperate one for him" and then I realised after a few minutes, Tyson Kidd was there to pretty much hold Jim's hand through the interview. Like your Granddad or something. "You know, when you joined DX and then you went to WCW afterwards?" Neidhart seems to need a bit of prodding, so the interview was a good listen with Tyson there.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Wade Keller is known to spend up to at least 10 minutes a segment plugging his newsletter. He's unbelievably shameless. He'll have Kevin Nash or someone sitting there playing with his plonker while he spouts off a 10% offer he using the code word "AustinShow" or some shite.

Loved Jim Neidhart on the Jericho podcast. I was wondering why he needed Tyson Kidd on there as well. Obviously thinking "do a seperate one for him" and then I realised after a few minutes, Tyson Kidd was there to pretty much hold Jim's hand through the interview. Like your Granddad or something. "You know, when you joined DX and then you went to WCW afterwards?" Neidhart seems to need a bit of prodding, so the interview was a good listen with Tyson there.

Thanks Ian, think I'll give it a miss in that case. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Neidhart interview on Jericho's Podcast, I loved it, the most fun podcast I've heard in a while. Like you say, it becomes glaringly obvious quite quickly why Tyson is there with Jim for this interview. Jim's mind must be a strange place to be.

• Paid Members

Does anyone listen much to the Torch's livecasts? I listen to the Observer Radio and the LAW for most of my current wrestling chat but the 4g often cuts out when on the move. However I noticed all recent Torch livecasts are available on download on Podbean, so I might give them a whirl for when I'm out of WiFi range and unable to listen to the Observer radio shows hassle free.

You can download most podcats using a decent app. I use Podcast Addict; it's simple, intuitive and there's not a single show I can't download straight to my phone.

I find the Torch hard to listen to because of the call-in format. I actually quite like Wade Keller and his analysis but for me the callers are almost all terrible. I feel this awful sense of dread every time they take a call, as if I were in a car and the driver decided to put the baby behind the wheel for a bit to see how they get on. 

• Paid Members

Yeah I was gonna say, any other podcast app like Podcast Addict or even something basic like Antenna Pod will let you download episodes.

I like Wade Keller. I don't really listen to the Livecast but on the paid site, the solo show he does the Wade Keller Hotline is a great 20 minutes round up of the news and top stories every day.

The Todd Martin & Bruce Mitchell shows on there have replaced a lot of the Observer content for me. You don't really get much proper analysis outside of the Meltzer shows these days. Just lots of reviews of 20 plus year old WCW.