Wrestling Pod Casts / Radio Interviews

uk_wrestle_fan_1981

11 hours ago, Cat crater said:

That guy who does the podcast with Meltzer (Alvarez I believe?) sounds like an absolute cunt.

He can be pretty annoying at times. Apart from the Dave shows the audio quality on F4W has declined a fair bit over the last few years. Used to be really good 10 years ago when there were much more guests on Figure Four Daily and Bryan & Vinny was actually entertaining.

On 4/5/2017 at 0:12 PM, WyattSheepMask said:

New Generation Podcast's Survivor Series 1997-Part 2 is up now, covering the whole Bret Hart v Shawn Michaels feud and everything else to do with The Montreal Screwjob. It's a biggie at 3hrs50minutes, buts what the entire podcast has been leading to

It's a fantastic listen, I personally thought they did a great job with part 3 still to come. 

Speaking of the podcast, i'm a new listener to them but decided to go back and started from episode 1 and watch the PPV before. Great work from all three. 

Bought my ticket for Something to Wrestle With Live on the first day of sale for Manchester. Conrad isn't on the Tour but I don't mind. I'm really looking forward to this.

3 hours ago, Buzz Lightyear said:

It's a fantastic listen, I personally thought they did a great job with part 3 still to come. 

Speaking of the podcast, i'm a new listener to them but decided to go back and started from episode 1 and watch the PPV before. Great work from all three. 

It is a great listen, even if there is only little bits of info here and there that I hadn't heard before. That's not a knock on the podcast, but it's a subject that's been covered in such detail so many times, I think anyone would struggle to provide truly fresh light on it. But it's well put together and flies by, I was doing a night shift while listening to it.

Wrestling With Shadows is the final part of the trilogy of shows for that part, then they're onto finishing the regular timeline. Hopefully they carry on in some form as its the most consistent of the fan Podcast's out there

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

It is a great listen, even if there is only little bits of info here and there that I hadn't heard before. That's not a knock on the podcast, but it's a subject that's been covered in such detail so many times, I think anyone would struggle to provide truly fresh light on it. But it's well put together and flies by, I was doing a night shift while listening to it.

Wrestling With Shadows is the final part of the trilogy of shows for that part, then they're onto finishing the regular timeline. Hopefully they carry on in some form as its the most consistent of the fan Podcast's out there

Yeah it would be a shame if they just stop altogether when they hit the Attitude Era. I would like them to go down the OSW road and just review random story lines or something like that.

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Agreed. 

Although I said that with the Attitude Era podcast and for me the level of quality has dropped since they finished the main timeline. (But that could be down to the guys getting together less)

I thought they did a great job, considering how much the subject has already been covered. 

Bruce did a look back at Undertaker in the WWF 1993-1994 this week on Something to Wrestle. I guess this is a new type of show where they look at a select wrestlers year in WWE. They did Hogan in 1987 last week. Would be good if they did this covering a whole guys career so Hogan 87-93, Taker 90-08, Austin 95-03 etc. I guess you have to cut it off at 2008 when Prichard leaves WWE though.

• Paid Members

Does anyone elses primary wrestling content come from podcasts these days? Over the last year the growth of podcasts has completely altered the way i enjoy the business, i look forward to certain podcasts way more than any actual wrestling show these days. 

Anyway...

Noticed that Vince Russo has put his tail between his legs and gone back to mostly wrestling content, he's said he's out to bury everyone. He mentioned something on the Disco podcast this week about Podcast One extending his contract for 1 more year, it sounded to me like he might have been read the riot act though in terms of the content he puts out. 

Edited by Egg Shen

I wouldn't be all that surprised if I've consumed more wrestling podcasts in 6 months than I have TV shows in 6 years, especially since the likes of Bruce, Tony, Konnan and Cyrus have started their own shows.

Russo's numbers had to have been dropping, I only listened to Mondays for a good while since his move away from bitching about wrestling and there were much less Attitude shows which I used to love. Podcast One would have been pissed with that and the content change. Wasn't he signed on the back of his shows with Austin? They were ace.

The Monday show was leaked early somehow, funny to hear Disco uncomfortable and back away from Vinces weird homosexual theory.

39 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Does anyone elses primary wrestling content come from podcasts these days? Over the last year the growth of podcasts has completely altered the way i enjoy the business, i look forward to certain podcasts way more than any actual wrestling show these days. 

Anyway...

Noticed that Vince Russo has put his tail between his legs and gone back to mostly wrestling content, he's said he's out to bury everyone. He mentioned something on the Disco podcast this week about Podcast One extending his contract for 1 more year, it sounded to me like he might have been read the riot act though in terms of the content he puts out. 

Ive been consuming 99.99% of my wrestling through podcasts since 2011. Had a Observer subscription for a lot of that time so I just had Meltzer & Alvarez inform me on what happened on RAW or a PPV. Piledriver Wrestling was the same between 2013-2015 before they just suddenly vanished with no reason why. Now there aren't as many shows that do the whole breakdown thing like that so its a little harder. I have never been as big on the Jericho, Austin or JR shows as others have though if they have  someone of interest one I usually take a listen.

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I wouldn't be all that surprised if I've consumed more wrestling podcasts in 6 months than I have TV shows in 6 years

I'm convinced my neighbours think I share a flat with Liam O'Rouke and Paul Scrivens as they can hear them chatting away non stop all weekend.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, AirJordanFan93 said:

I would like to know what your Neighbours think of Mr.Scrivins

They don't speak much English, so probably that he's that polite English gentleman we never see but always hear talking in that cunts apartment.

So the Royal Grumble is one year old this week and to celebrate we've made a bumper WrestleMania episode covering everything you wanted to hear about (and possibly a couple of things you didn't); Takeover, Hall of Fame, 'Mania and more. Plus we play Ryback or Wrongback, predict the main events of WrestleMania 34 and at one point the words "shark dick" are said in context.

Link is here: https://royalgrumble.podbean.com/e/1st-anniversary-wrestlemania-33-review/

please give it a listen and enjoy!

Edited by Daaaaaad!