The Random/Weird/Quirky Photo Thread

EdgarTheSlouch

8 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

Isnt he 74? He looks good for his age i think, i bet hes still ripped as well. People still expect him to look like he did 20 years ago. Do people not expect him to age? Vince is the type to drop dead if he stops working. 

Go down the local or go to tesco and look  at a 74 year old man shopping in his slippers buying frey bentos pies as he can no longer chew solids and then say Vince looks bad!

I’m sure the bog standard 74 year old man shopping at Tescos isn’t a billionaire though! It’s a lot easier to be ripped and look good when you have that wealth and aren’t eating shite paid for by a pension from working at the post office for 35 years

• Paid Members

I'd love it if it turned out to all be a work and Vince loves a good nap. Probably why he's always so cranky; people waking him up to ask him shit. 

Couldnt think of anything worse than having a good sleep in my office and Jericho is banging on the door to whinge that he's not being used right or some nonsense. 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, bAzTNM#1 said:

His eyes always look like he's been crying all day or been next to loads of onions.

Wasn't it rumoured a couple of years back that his eyesight was seriously impaired these days?

Watching stuff from '98, I was surprised to see him put on his reading glasses to read out a prepared statement - these days wearing glasses feels like something he'd look down on as a sign of weakness.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Wasn't it rumoured a couple of years back that his eyesight was seriously impaired these days?

Watching stuff from '98, I was surprised to see him put on his reading glasses to read out a prepared statement - these days wearing glasses feels like something he'd look down on as a sign of weakness.

Yeah. There was a story doing the rounds that during the Pat Patterson appreciation night he had to follow a torch pointed at the ground to the ring (like a cat with a laser pointer!) and had to be led by staff around obstacles. 

In typical WWE fashion the guy who posted the story got sent a cease and desist from WWE claiming defamation 

• Paid Members
8 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Did this not come about when set-up footage from a WrestleMania made the rounds with the caption “VINCE GOING BLIND!!!” and it was quickly debunked?

Yep. It was because this gif was shared:

JointFailingAmericantoad.gif

It was conveniently cut from a lengthier piece of footage from a documentary.

I always find it mad that even injuries and tragedy aside that someone like Bret (whom I genuinely believe to be one one of the finest workers ever) has seemingly aged a fuck-ton (considering he never looked his age) since he retired almost 20 years ago whereas Hogan with all back surgeries, controversy and divorces has barely changed since about 1999 and last wrestled 5 years ago. 

Bret20Hart20AP.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

tumblr_mw4wfyaCTQ1sg99p0o1_1280.jpg

hulk-hogan-1-1.jpg?w=2000&w=450&c=sc&poi

220px-Hollywood_Hulk_Hogan.jpg

It's also mad to me that there's only 4 years difference and yet in 1993/94 Hogan was considered the past and 'done' and Bret the future. 

Hell jake Roberts is only 2 years older and was considered over in 93 when Hart started getting his 'mega' push. 

It does make me think that it's all in the genes when you consider that collossal cainers like flair, hall and roberts are still going 60-70 and the likes of warrior who got out the biz aged 37 and go in it late aged 26 pegged out early 50s

Edited by JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Hogan looked about 50 in his 20's though. He's been an old cunt since he first showed up on TV with an atomic bomb shaved into his top bollocks so you're not gonna notice him slowly actually becoming his age. Apart from now because he's got plastic hair and old man bloating so he looks like an ancient tit.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Porkchopcash said:

With regards to Warrior, Steroids if not cycled correctly will kill you faster than the drink.....Eddie, Test, Warrior etc....

What is the death rate for those bodybuilders who look like meat squeezed through a string bag? Is it comparable? 

• Paid Members
34 minutes ago, gmoney said:

What is the death rate for those bodybuilders who look like meat squeezed through a string bag? Is it comparable? 

It's not even close as far as I know. Bodybuilders don't have anywhere near the death rate. Then again, it's not just the juice, it's the travel, the uppers, the downers, the lack of sleep, the injuries, the surgeries and the alcohol, piled on top of the inflated heart and disfunctioning kidneys and liver that has killed a lot of these men and women.

As well as that, it could be taking steroids and other PED's from an uninformed position. In bodybuilding, steroids obviously aren't banned and are considered necessary. Likely administered and monitored via a doctor or a pharmacists supervision. These guys are making sure they are sleeping 8-9 hours a night as well and probably lead a fairly boring lifestyle, compared to most of us regular Joe's. They know exactly what they are taking and why.

Wrestler's weren't doing that. It's quite possible the most informed person that they would have kept in the loop and asked for advice with regards to the steroids they were using, could have been the person they were buying them from. Which if that person is looking to make money, then I doubt very much that many of the wrestlers were told 'you're taking too much, use a little less'. As well as that, these eijits were hanging out in strip clubs, doing lines off of a hookers tits, drinking a handful of whiskies on the plane and catching an hour's kip before hitting the gym in the next town. 

A rockstar lifestyle mixed with a bodybuilders physique is what killed these guys at a rate the likes of which you usually see in Grand Theft Auto.

Edited by WeeAl