Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

XPW DVDs were all over Poundland I seem to recall. An early CM Punk matches one, a Hardy's one and the XPW one.

I had a ton of those cheap ass DVD's, there were 3 XPW ones I think 2 "history" and a death match one with as said no context. The Hardcore Homecoming 1+2 DVDs and also some Hardy ones although the first volume had no fucking clips and was just a talking head documentary if I remember correctly. There were a few others like the Punk one but I didnt have those. Will dig em out in December when i'm home

• Paid Members

I went to see Shane Douglas do a Q&A in a pub in Birkenhead last night. Proper old man pub, the type where they turn and stare at you when you walk in. Attendance was 27.

Shane was a top bloke, friendly and willing to chat with anyone. You'll be surprised to know that both Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels are apparently dickheads. Surreal experience.

That is the best and saddest thing I've ever seen. I hope he said "cut the music" to which the landlord replied " we cant there's a wedding reception on upstairs."

There is something sad about that. It reminds me of that bit in the final episodes of The Office when David Brent's lost his job and is making random appearances at nightclubs and stuff and no-one cares.

Imagine you didn't know and you walked into your local one Friday night and The Franchise was sat there with a bag of pork scratchings telling 7 half asleep customers that the Kliq sabotaged his run on top as Stone Cold Shane Douglas?

... a nonce clown.

Pogo the clown is a nonce? What's the story here, Ian?

That was the gimmick. It was based on John Wayne Gacy, a nonce clown called "Pogo the Clown."

Christ. I think I may have seen one of his matches, and remember seeing his picture quite a few times in Powerslam and other wrestling mags around the time (inc whatever one Apter had during that period- WOW, maybe?). Never realised that was what the gimmick was about.

Daniel Bryan looks a right scruff. 

Bound to be intentional, surely? With the underdog story and everything. I refuse to believe his suit was measured that badly by mistake