Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Cena v 'Taker at 'Mania for the title is about as big as it gets outside of The Rock coming back for a proper match. WWE aren't really up to making interesting stars outside the part-timers, so they may as well just go with the story of Cena trying to get his big 16th against an end game boss like The Undertaker at 'Mania. I'm not a huge 'Taker fan, but it's easily the most interesting use of both men.

• Paid Members

I went to see Shane Douglas do a Q&A in a pub in Birkenhead last night. Proper old man pub, the type where they turn and stare at you when you walk in. Attendance was 27.

Shane was a top bloke, friendly and willing to chat with anyone. You'll be surprised to know that both Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels are apparently dickheads. Surreal experience.

That is the best and saddest thing I've ever seen. I hope he said "cut the music" to which the landlord replied " we cant there's a wedding reception on upstairs."

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I remember seeing him on some XPW thing where he call's WCW office, and quits whilst in-ring at an XPW show, most likely throwing away millions of dollars in the process.

I take it Douglas is proper skint these days to be doing stuff like this?

He didn't show up there until 2002 did he? When WCW was already dead, meaning he was actually ringing nobody

I remember seeing him on some XPW thing where he call's WCW office, and quits whilst in-ring at an XPW show, most likely throwing away millions of dollars in the process.

I take it Douglas is proper skint these days to be doing stuff like this?

He didn't show up there until 2002 did he? When WCW was already dead, meaning he was actually ringing nobody

I swear I saw a promo he did leaving WCW? Either that or it was just bullshit......which from Shane Douglas is probably more reasonable.

Was Douglas still there when WCW closed up? I have no idea what he was doing then lol

• Paid Members

Douglas turned up in early 2000 for a show, when half the locker room walked out in protest to Kevin Sullivan's hiring. Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero and Saturn went to the WWF when they walked out and Douglas went to XPW to wrestle on one of their shows, because WWF didnt want him. He returned to WCW the following month, with the claim if they put him and Flair in a feud it would turn the ratings war around. What I always found funny was Douglas didnt seem to realise he was actually less mobile and a worse talker than Ric Flair by 2000.

His proper XPW stint didnt start until 2002, when he convinced Rob Black to move operations to the ECW arena and rebook the mid-90s with fat death match wrestlers and a nonce clown. I believe by the end more people were turning up to Douglas' 2016 speaking appearances than XPW events. Douglas was probably the worst booker and promoter of the modern era. God he was rotten. Proven by the fact he actually did the same thing several times and never learned his lesson. XPW, Hardcore Homecoming, Extreme Reunion. All died on their arse with Douglas trying the same thing.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay