Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

I wonder if they'd go with Finn for the Rumble. They were clearly wanting to strap the rocket to him in the summer, but I don't know how they'd get away with it at Mania. If the champion is Kevin Owens, that just seems like a Raw brand C-PPV main event. And Brock Lesnar selling Balor's Papa Lazarou cosplay would be ridiculous. The best champion to defend against Finn at Mania would be Roman Reigns, atmosphere would be electric.

I wonder if they'd go with Finn for the Rumble. They were clearly wanting to strap the rocket to him in the summer, but I don't know how they'd get away with it at Mania. If the champion is Kevin Owens, that just seems like a Raw brand C-PPV main event. And Brock Lesnar selling Balor's Papa Lazarou cosplay would be ridiculous. The best champion to defend against Finn at Mania would be Roman Reigns, atmosphere would be electric.

That's a great shout actually. I was wondering what they might do with Reigns at Wrestlemania, outside of a potential rematch with Lesnar. Reigns/Balor would make a lot of sense and it could be a really fun match. 

And you've got the previous to work with too. Roman put him over huge that first night, said he respected Balor and would come for the Univrrsal title.

You canflip it slightly by putting the belt on Roman beforehand and have Balor return saying "nevermind coming for me, I'm coming for you".

Obviously this is pending whether or not Balor comes back from injury in time. He has been used in promo materials for the Wrestlemania pre-sales, do they must be hoping that he'll be back to be able to play some sort of role

I've just spent ten minutes coming up with a WrestleMania card based on the above, because I have great social life. It's got twelve matches on it, plus three Payday Scrambles for the pre-show.

WWE title - John Cena vs Undertaker

Universal title - Finn Balor vs Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins vs Triple H

Daniel Bryan vs The Miz (2010 Bret style, as discussed in another thread recently)

Randy Orton vs AJ Styles

SmackDown vs Raw - Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar (purely because I couldn't think of anything else for either)

Raw Womens title - Charlotte vs Sasha vs Bayley

SD Womens title - Becky Lynch vs Nikki Bella

Raw Tag titles - New Day vs Enzo & Cass vs Jeri-KO

SD Tag titles - Wyatt Family vs American Alpha

Big Show vs Shaq

US title - Ladder - Rusev vs Kofi vs Zayn vs Neville vs Sheamus vs whoever else there is

Kickoff:

Andre battle royal

Cruiserwright Open

Interbrand womens tag match

Can we clone Cena 3 times? Cos I want Cena v AJ, Cena v Taker and Cena v Reigns this year. Clone AJ a few times and you got a hell of a card right there.

If he's at Mania (assume he will be) I'd like Goldberg vs Rusev, story has started anyway them maybe have Rusev 'take out' Berg on Raw after Series, Rehab Ru for the next few months leading to Da Man coming back for revenge at the Rumble or so and a battle of the bulls at mania.

Cena vs Taker, seems likely now they're both on SD

Styles vs Orton WWE Title

Balor vs Reigns Universal

Lesnar vs Shane, seems alot of rumors about it not a match Id fancy

Rollins vs HHH 

Goldberg vs Rusev

To me thats a solid card

• Paid Members

Undertaker vs Styles at the Rumble, Undertaker wins the belt and Cena wins the Rumble and then you can have the big "will he win the big 16?" at Mania against the Undertaker. I'm hoping Styles Bad News Browns it at Survivor Series and walks out and he has the Deadman to answer to for the team losing.

If you're going to bring someone up from NXT, either Joe or Nakamura, I'd have Styles vs either one of them at WrestleMania. There's no better person on the roster to wrestle if you want to get over impressively and have a top feud.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

I'm guessing the loser at Takeover is getting called up, for NXT purposes I would send Joe up first as NXT seems to have more heels ready for a title shot over babyfaces. Joe could easily come up to Smackdown as a heel to keep John Cena busy until Mania season or as a face to give Styles something to do after Dean.

Ideal Mania card for me would be...

WWE Title - The Undertaker © vs John Cena

Universal Title - Roman Reigns © vs Finn Balor

Brock Lesnar vs Goldberg III

Seth Rollins vs HHH

AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton

Smackdown Tag Titles - The Uso's © vs American Alpha

Raw Tag Titles - New Day © vs Enzo and Cass

US/IC title unification ladder match - Cesaro vs Rusev vs Sheamus vs Ambrose vs Ziggler vs The Miz

Andre Battle Royal for all the other schlubs.

I fully expect AJ/Cena, Taker/Orton and Shane/Brock though.

• Paid Members

I went to see Shane Douglas do a Q&A in a pub in Birkenhead last night. Proper old man pub, the type where they turn and stare at you when you walk in. Attendance was 27.

Shane was a top bloke, friendly and willing to chat with anyone. You'll be surprised to know that both Ric Flair and Shawn Michaels are apparently dickheads. Surreal experience.

8xYRwlA.jpg

I remember seeing him on some XPW thing where he call's WCW office, and quits whilst in-ring at an XPW show, most likely throwing away millions of dollars in the process.

I take it Douglas is proper skint these days to be doing stuff like this?

• Paid Members

I think Hope Wrestling have brought him over. He has a few of these going on while he's here. He did a similair Q&A in Newport at the weekend and he's in Manchester tonight.

I'm not sure how hard up he is, although he was claiming he was about to start a wrestling promotion with Kevin Sullivan and had a company willing to put "50 Million Pounds in", so yeah, we'll see on that.

• Paid Members

I'm not sure how hard up he is, although he was claiming he was about to start a wrestling promotion with Kevin Sullivan and had a company willing to put "50 Million Pounds in", so yeah, we'll see on that.

That's "Classic Wrestling Revolution", isn't it? Started off as a reality show with Shane, Kevin, Roddy Piper & someone else coaching teams of rookies. Think they shot a trailer/pilot for it, then Piper passed and set those plans back?

Just found this on YouTube, seems they've also taped a more traditional pilot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRslJ2CI9iU

Edited by Statto