Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

That chamber was particularly heartbreaking because I recall Goldberg getting a brilliant reception when he was on a tear in it. Kind of like a Goldberg reaction of old, which up until that point he had been struggling to find during his run on Raw. He starts battering people in the chamber, the crowd are super into it and then Ripple H in his cycle shorts sneaks the win. It was awful.

I remember people thinking at the time that the finish to Summerslam was to cut Goldberg's legs off but I think it was booked for a much more innocent, though equally daft, reason, basically I think Triple H was just desperate to do a Horsemen style beatdown to get heat, in hindsight Goldberg should've smashed him to win the title that night then have HHH return at the end of Unforgiven after a month off for the big beatdown angle, would have worked miles better

• Paid Members

I guess Bret Hart's 20-year contract would have been up last month.

Imagine the matches he could have had with Jericho, Edge, Cena, Angle, Eddie, Rock etc had he been able to see it out.

• Paid Members

I was watching that Hitting the Highspots shoot interview with Rob Naylor, Chris Hero and Dave Meltzer doing a little wrestling discussion about random topics. Its a pretty cool little thing, with them just chatting about random stuff. Anyway, they discussed something that I had no idea had any backstory to it. Its the famous Yokozuna banzai drop. The one where he almost murders Dan Dubiel sitting on his neck. Apparently, Dubiel made fun of Fuji in the locker room before the match, like taking the piss out of him or whatever, and when word got back to Fuji, he set Yoko on him. Interesting to know there was something behind it. It looks like attempted murder the way he lands. Crazy move. Dubiel must have been mental to go around mouthing off in that with that locker room. The Steiners, Yoko, the Headshrinkers were all there. Proper mental fuckers.

• Paid Members

Ahh man, that's really interesting, like when you hear a song, spend years trying to find out what it is, give up and forget only for someone years later to play the song and tell you it was Alex Party.

Really glad to find out, but a bit deflated that it was attempted murder/Alex party.

I never assumed for 1 second that it would be because a jobber ran his mouth in the locker room. Possibly a botched spot on the part of the jobber leading to a beating, much like the Perry Saturn kick off, or that someone in the back like HBK wound him up playing politics or some other silly bollocks, to the point he lost his rag with an easy target. I hoped it was just poor execution with no harm meant, but no chance based on the footage.

What the fuck was Dubiel thinking?

• Paid Members

Fuji could have still knocked fuck out of him instead. Maybe put the head of that Japanese flag in old Danny boys groin. 

In all seriousness, Yokozuna nearly killed a lot of people with his "Banzai Drop". Can't all have made a fool out of Fuji.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members

Why would a non-contracted job guy be ripping one of the oldest heads in there? He must have been an idiot.

Probably because he'd done so many jobs for the fed he thought he was familiar enough to do it. So yeah, he's thick as fuck.

Also, they mention if you ever see Fatu doing the big splash to the outside on a jobber, that means that jobber had done something before hand and the Headshrikers wanted to hurt him. As you'd imagine, that belly splash with no support under you is stiff as fuck.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay