Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

After I saw one of those clickbait articles Hulk Hogan is always posting on Facebook had the title 'Top 20 WWE Women carrying on a family legacy" I noticed it had a picture of Carmella. I didn't realise her dad was 80s jobber Paul Van Dale, which is a nice little nugget of information. 

Also, as a result of looking this up I found out that Big Cass's real name is William Morrissey. Now all I can think of is William, It Was Really Nothing by The Smiths when I see him.

Goldberg/Taker, Brock/Rock and a final Cena/AJ match would make 'Mania for me. Throw in an entertaining smoke and mirrors match between Big Show and Shaq.

I'm stuck thinking about anything else I would care for, Bayley/Charlotte maybe? As great as Jericho has been I cant think of anything for him, it'll probably be him turning face against the fat shit. Maybe even have him win the Rumble to get his shot at Owens.

Just watched the superstars episode from last week in the UK and Darren Young can audibly be heard saying 'fuck the hate' on his entrance. I can't understand how he hasn't been reprimanded for that when Brad Maddox got fired for saying the word prick?

They probably couldn't give two fucks about Superstars knowing that only 200 fans watch it.

Just watched the superstars episode from last week in the UK and Darren Young can audibly be heard saying 'fuck the hate' on his entrance. I can't understand how he hasn't been reprimanded for that when Brad Maddox got fired for saying the word prick?

Maddox wasn't filling 2 boxes in their diversity quota.

• Members

Not to derail another thread with this but it's come up a couple of times in the Raw and Smackdown conversation... Anyone just not see Nakamura not making any difference to the main roster when he comes up? Seems to be a common opinion that he's going to be a game changer and is being wasted on NXT but while I really rate him and can see occasional show stealers with AJ and Owens happening, I never see him going higher than endless feuds with Ziggler or Cesaro in the long term.

I don't even see it as a case of anyone trying to hold him down once he comes up, I just reckon he could be given the full AJ push and I don't think he'd win the masses over at all on a main event level.

Not to derail another thread with this but it's come up a couple of times in the Raw and Smackdown conversation... Anyone just not see Nakamura not making any difference to the main roster when he comes up? Seems to be a common opinion that he's going to be a game changer and is being wasted on NXT but while I really rate him and can see occasional show stealers with AJ and Owens happening, I never see him going higher than endless feuds with Ziggler or Cesaro in the long term.

I don't even see it as a case of anyone trying to hold him down once he comes up, I just reckon he could be given the full AJ push and I don't think he'd win the masses over at all on a main event level.

I think he'll succeed and succeed big. His lack of English may actually be an advantage in that he won't be plugged into crap 6th form plays sat atop a ladder with five other perennial midcarders (for example), and they'll have to think of more creative ways to get his character across to the audience.

They might be lazy and just slot him into the midcard like they have done with Zayn, but I think the hype and fan excitement around his debut is going to be too great for them to get away with that. I'm expecting Nak to get Daniel Bryan reactions every week pretty much from the off. It's going to be class.

I can see him taking that kind of Jericho role of upper mid-carder who is a massive crowd favourite, but the company never truly see as a top guy. The go to guy for a main event opponent when they need one or a transitional champ for a couple of months. Similar to the role Sheamus played over the last few years.

I can see him taking that kind of Jericho role of upper mid-carder who is a massive crowd favourite, but the company never truly see as a top guy. The go to guy for a main event opponent when they need one or a transitional champ for a couple of months. Similar to the role Sheamus played over the last few years.

Time will tell but I think he'll be fine, particularly with the brand split. 

At this point I'm more concerned about Samoa Joe and Bobby Roode. They're far from spring chickens so I think they really need to be called up soon for them to get a fair shot at main show success. 

I don't mind that if it's consistent. I just hate the rare occasions they ignore it. I remember Curtis Axel winning the IC title by pinning someone whilst Miz had them in a figure 4. How is that not breaking up the pin?!

I don't mind that if it's consistent. I just hate the rare occasions they ignore it. I remember Curtis Axel winning the IC title by pinning someone whilst Miz had them in a figure 4. How is that not breaking up the pin?!

But then again, I don't see how you can claim that Miz (in this case) had Barrett's* shoulders "pinned" to the mat, when he has a leg submission and is down the other end of his opponant's body.

* I assume it's the Miz/Axel/Barrett IC Title Triple Threat match from the first Payback PPV?

He's not saying that Miz pinned him, just that Axel shouldn't have been able to do a valid pin in that instance.

Nakamura is definitely a question mark. I'm predisposed to cynicism when it comes to pervert favourites, but I loved him the moment he appeared on that Takeover in Dallas. Although I've been a wrestling fan for 25 years and on the Internet for half of that or longer. Who knows how casuals will take to him? Does it even matter anymore?

There's definitely varying levels of perversion, where some of it rubs off on normals. Stuff like booing Cena and Reigns, or loving Daniel Bryan. But then there are things, like thinking Cesaro should win the belt, that never get past the hardcore paedophile level. And there's stuff that floats around in between. I feel like Nakamura has far too much going for him to be stuck at the Cesaro level, but he could end up stuck at the level where Ziggler and Sami Zayn are.

Personally I'd love it if he was number thirty in the Rumble and won it and just got the big push, beating Brock in Orlando for the title. I suppose there's a chance he'd get the "stop shoving him down our throats he hasn't been on the roster long enough for the belt" treatment but that generally doesn't happen if you have enough internet points to start with.

Nah, Nakamura has major internet points so they'd take to him very quickly if he got the mega push. I imagine Finn Balor would have done well the second half of the year had he not been injured. It means nothing of course, but Bslor is the current favourite to win the Royal Rumble on PaddyPower. The again, you can also get 500/1 on Donald Trump and (rather randomly) Jarryd Hayne winning it also