Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

WWE didn't pay for ICP's music then?

Apparently Kurrgan was meant to have a decent run until Vince saw him dancing one day and decided he should be a comedy giant.

Ah, ICP was the music? That at least partially explains the waving

Didn't Kurrgan have some weird army stable as well, led by Cyrus the EC-Dub colour guy?

I'm sure I saw them take down the Harris twins, in an absolute clinic, of course

The Truth Commission. He was The Interrogator with Recon and Sniper.

They just sort of evolved into the Oddities really. The Jackyl (Cyrus) sacked off the other two and brought Kurrgan out as part of the Oddities, who were originally a bunch of sinister freaks. Then Vince saw Kurrgan dance and the group suddenly turned into fun babyfaces who hung about with Sable. The only notable thing I can remember is that they feuded with the Headbangers over those shite looking replica belts you'd see in WWF Magazine. They actually celebrated when they "won" them as well.

You might be underestimating how popular South Park was back then by the way. The first time I ever saw anything about it was when the Outlaws came out with South Park T-Shirts on and got a monster pop, despite being heels.

• Paid Members

If you wore a South Park shirt, you were over. South Park was so cool. Its weird, all popular things seemed to retain a cult vibe and a edge back then. WWF, Howard Stern, South Park, Marilyn Manson, Celebrity Death Match, Jenna Jameson, Tarantino films. If it was hot, it was usually a bit naughty and hip as well.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Kurrgan had at least two figures but neither of them were in the Oddities gimmick.

At least one of his figures was. I remember it because it was one of the only figures at the time that had an actual little shirt on. I think he had the one from the Truth Commission with the beret, then he had one without the beret in a two pack with Jackyl, and then that one was brought out again as a single release with the Oddities tie-dye shirt added. I dunno if there were more than that.

Was he named after the baddie from Highlander?

Just did a quick google search, and this Golga figure is the strangest type of hand sanitizer I've ever witnessed. 

http://healthbeauty.bid/health-care/hand-sanitizers/152265957011_wwe-wcw-awa-nwa-custom-jakks-oddities-golga-figure.html

If I was watching in '98, I bet I'd have a Golga figure. Was looking through my old box of wrestling figures, and I really would buy any old fucker they had in either woolworths or asda. I've got some right shitarses in there - Johnny Stamboli, Matt Morgan, all of La Resistance (their fucking arms dont bend either, cheapskates), Bob Holly, THE BASHAMS, and perhaps most tragically of all - Brutus Beefcake, but no Hogan

Edited by sj5522

Kurrgan had at least two figures but neither of them were in the Oddities gimmick.

At least one of his figures was. I remember it because it was one of the only figures at the time that had an actual little shirt on. I think he had the one from the Truth Commission with the beret, then he had one without the beret in a two pack with Jackyl, and then that one was brought out again as a single release with the Oddities tie-dye shirt added. I dunno if there were more than that.

That's interesting. I thought he only had the Truth Commission one and one with black tights.

Indeed he was, Don Callis confirmed on Talk Is Jericho.

I'd be surprised if Triple H is still planning on having a match with Rollins at WrestleMania.  It comes across quite clearly on TV that nobody really gives a shit about Seth. His babyface push has been quite the flop.  The crowd at Mania would probably end up cheering for Hunter once again.

I'd be surprised if Triple H is still planning on having a match with Rollins at WrestleMania. It comes across quite clearly on TV that nobody really gives a shit about Seth. His babyface push has been quite the flop. The crowd at Mania would probably end up cheering for Hunter once again.

It doesnt help that they had Triple H turn up, screw him out the title, and then fuck off for a few months with Rollins unable to do anything to get his heat back.

What a terrible idea it was for Triple H to turn up for that one show and then dissapear, its been 4 months now. Even if he does come back to explain himself itz been so long people have either forgot or dont care. Surely something haschanged along the way, the plan couldnt bw for Triple H to be gone fr this long after dping what he did.

WWE have really fucked Rollins this year, firsrly not bringing him back as a babyface and then the aforementioned Triple H bollocks. Best thing fo Rollins now would be to reunite the shield and get a few months out of that

Yeah I almost feel sorry for Seth FREAKIN' Rollins. Would be a lot easier to if he dropped that shit shirt. But he isn't able to get any payback on Triple H, and has seemed to have largely forgotten about it now anyway. Then Jericho breaks into Hell in a Cell and basically screws Rollins in that match, no time to feud though, cos it's Team Raw time!

There was a spot where Jericho was trying to get AJ in the Walls, and you could see Seth behind him going "yeah! go on! yeah!" fuck that. I've said it before, and while I very much enjoyed the main survivor series match-up, team Raw vs Smackdown is just build hell.

It's taken major momentum off him basically ignoring previous stories. I would say him, Sasha Banks, Carmella and The Usos were all heavily damaged by the build to Survivor Series

• Paid Members

That was some tits for hire than used turn up on the likes of Howard Stern called Rachel Rocketts. She was on ECW once as well, with Cyrus, so he must have been shagging her or something. I swear she was on an episode of Hardcore TV just running up and down the stairs as Cyrus did some Ben Dover style grunts to the camera.

This talk of shite like the Oddities reminds me, anyone remember when they still had Gorilla Monsoon doing announcing in 98 and 99 on the D-shows? Wrestling's version of putting Granddad in a home, that. Something about Monsoon being around during that era is so hard on my brain, even though I actually watched it. Hearing him commentate today some 15 years after he died seems more plausable.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay