Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Yeah, Smackdown is great fun with a few simple yet satisfying fueds. The Miz is on top form there, AJ comes a cross as more of a superstar than anyone not named Goldberg and Alexa Bliss is the greatest wank fodder since pretty much anyone. Becky Lynch is awesome too if a little too cheesy at times for me and i hate steampunk..

My issue with Owens are the high spots, it has nothing to do with him being a heel I just don't think that it suits his character or his look doing frog splashes and dives to the outside. He looked like a killer powerbombing Rollins through those chairs at HiaC and I want to see more of that.

I can't recall seeing Owens to a dive to the outside in WWE, actually? Which means either those spots are now so overused that I've completely forgotten. or he doesn't do them. I don't have a problem with a frogsplash, or a top rope move, never had problem with a heel Eddie, Angle or Shawn leaping from the top. The cannonball thing is a pretty babyface move, but his powerbombs normally look brutal enough anyway I don't have that kind of issue with him. AJ Styles is probably a worse offender (albeit a different type of wrestler) with his springboards and corkscrews and 450s if you make that argument

The argument I see the most sense in is probably Gay as Fook's, in that he's not that established a name if you haven't been watching for the past year, combined that with being cute with the jokes and of course *Steiner voice* HE'S FAT!! He has a wicked wit though, so you wouldn't wanna waste that. Miscast in the chickenshit role? Perhaps, but I don't have a big issue with that for the time being

• Paid Members

Speaking of drumming, Herbie, I watched a Chris Hero interview recently where he mentioned that for the Wrestling Channel, you created a commercial for CZW where Alex Shane, Sonjay Dutt and Jonny Storm mimed the CZW theme and were pretending to play instruments. Have you any memory of this? I vaguely seem to recall it.

• Paid Members

I don't think they should have ever bothered with two belts. There was talk at first that they were gonna have the champions at each level just work both brands. The existence of the one big belt on RAW harms the the big belt on Smackdown. Just have one fucking world champion who works both shows.

I don't think they should have ever bothered with two belts. There was talk at first that they were gonna have the champions at each level just work both brands. The existence of the one big belt on RAW harms the the big belt on Smackdown. Just have one fucking world champion who works both shows.

They could even elevate the U.S. title to be RAWs main belt. Treat it like a big deal week after week and it'll become a big deal, like when Cena was doing his cracking open challenge stuff.

• Paid Members

I always thought they should've had one champ who was exclusive to his show. At every cross brand ppv every few months however the other brand would be able to challenge for the title using a contender of their choosing to fight him, if their challenger won then the belt would go to his show with him as champion.

There wouldn't be too many champs but both shows would get the champ as well as loads of storyline fodder over shows losing/gaining the belt. Also ratings would be interesting.

• Paid Members

Speaking of drumming, Herbie, I watched a Chris Hero interview recently where he mentioned that for the Wrestling Channel, you created a commercial for CZW where Alex Shane, Sonjay Dutt and Jonny Storm mimed the CZW theme and were pretending to play instruments. Have you any memory of this? I vaguely seem to recall it.

Alex Shane, M-Dogg 20 (Matt Cross), Jody, Jonny, Burridge. It was during an IWW tour and we were slagging off the CZW theme song, so decided to make a video for it because M-Dogg knew the words.

• Paid Members

I always thought they should've had one champ who was exclusive to his show. At every cross brand ppv every few months however the other brand would be able to challenge for the title using a contender of their choosing to fight him, if their challenger won then the belt would go to his show with him as champion.

There wouldn't be too many champs but both shows would get the champ as well as loads of storyline fodder over shows losing/gaining the belt. Also ratings would be interesting.

Yep, this is the model I'd have gone with. 

US & IC are the de facto championships of their brands. Then you have your guy who is THE champ.

I wished they'd have gone with Raw and Smackdown belts, so you'd have a Raw champion, Smackdown champion, and NXT champion. Then kept the WWE title for Goldberg/Lesnar/Reigns/Cena and only had it defended three or four times a year.

Going a step further, Raw could have a traditional tag title and let Smackdown have a trios tag championship instead, to give it some difference. All belts would look the same (like the UFC) but would have different coloured leather. Keep the WWE title black obv.