Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Too true Cleets. I'd probably go to a shitbunch more live shows, but when you realise you're entering a room filled with tens of thousands of morons, spending the money on tickets, travel and accommodation suddenly loses its appeal, when I can avoid that and spend it in my awesome own company.

Although, admittedly...one of the times I did, the guy next to me who was clearly only there for his son and felt exactly like I just described blatantly considered me the very same.

Somebody posted this on Scott Keith's blog, and I've nicked it so we can have it as a nice cut out and keep thing. Enjoy

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-30%20at%2019.04.48-716097.png

7 from wrestlemania 2000

Moolah, Bossman, Crash,Benoit,Eddie,Test, Bearer

Quick shocking seeing these numbers really

The fact that Goldberg walked from his locker room to the gorilla position with Security guards every time always bothered me.

It came back to me this weekend after re-watching The Rise & Fall of WCW. Kevin Sullivan said that the idea behind it was that Goldberg was such a nasty, mean guy that Security had to usher him to the ring to avoid him brawling with anyone else before his opponent in the ring.

This started happening in 1998 at the same time as Vince McMahon was on Raw being accompanied by Security everywhere he went, because he wanted protection from other people attacking him. It's been the same since then over the years, Batista was memorably accompanied by Security everywhere in the build to WrestleMania 26 because he wanted Cena kept away from him.

But the other reason it seemed odd was that Goldberg never had a wild out of control character that could randomly attack people. Even at his most frenzied and intense he was always focused on beating his opponent.

Was it just me?

The fact that Goldberg walked from his locker room to the gorilla position with Security guards every time always bothered me.

It came back to me this weekend after re-watching The Rise & Fall of WCW. Kevin Sullivan said that the idea behind it was that Goldberg was such a nasty, mean guy that Security had to usher him to the ring to avoid him brawling with anyone else before his opponent in the ring.

This started happening in 1998 at the same time as Vince McMahon was on Raw being accompanied by Security everywhere he went, because he wanted protection from other people attacking him. It's been the same since then over the years, Batista was memorably accompanied by Security everywhere in the build to WrestleMania 26 because he wanted Cena kept away from him.

But the other reason it seemed odd was that Goldberg never had a wild out of control character that could randomly attack people. Even at his most frenzied and intense he was always focused on beating his opponent.

Was it just me?

Nah, I never thought of the security guards as being for that reason either. In fact I don't think I ever gave it much thought at the time. For me it definitely added to his aura though, but more because it made him look and seem like such a big deal having an entire security team around him than because he was some kind of monster that needed controlling.

Yes it was.

WWE doesn't do subtlety and that's not a bad thing. You want all of your audience from five to seventy five to understand the point you're trying to get over.

Personally, I take the fact that they hinted at it as a sign that Cena isn't turning.