Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

Too true Cleets. I'd probably go to a shitbunch more live shows, but when you realise you're entering a room filled with tens of thousands of morons, spending the money on tickets, travel and accommodation suddenly loses its appeal, when I can avoid that and spend it in my awesome own company.

 

Although, admittedly...one of the times I did, the guy next to me who was clearly only there for his son and felt exactly like I just described blatantly considered me the very same.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Somebody posted this on Scott Keith's blog, and I've nicked it so we can have it as a nice cut out and keep thing. Enjoy

 

Screen%20Shot%202013-03-30%20at%2019.04.48-716097.png

 

7 from wrestlemania 2000

 

Moolah, Bossman, Crash,Benoit,Eddie,Test, Bearer

 

Quick shocking seeing these numbers really

Posted

The fact that Goldberg walked from his locker room to the gorilla position with Security guards every time always bothered me.

 

It came back to me this weekend after re-watching The Rise & Fall of WCW. Kevin Sullivan said that the idea behind it was that Goldberg was such a nasty, mean guy that Security had to usher him to the ring to avoid him brawling with anyone else before his opponent in the ring.

 

This started happening in 1998 at the same time as Vince McMahon was on Raw being accompanied by Security everywhere he went, because he wanted protection from other people attacking him. It's been the same since then over the years, Batista was memorably accompanied by Security everywhere in the build to WrestleMania 26 because he wanted Cena kept away from him.

 

But the other reason it seemed odd was that Goldberg never had a wild out of control character that could randomly attack people. Even at his most frenzied and intense he was always focused on beating his opponent.

 

Was it just me?

Posted
The fact that Goldberg walked from his locker room to the gorilla position with Security guards every time always bothered me.

 

It came back to me this weekend after re-watching The Rise & Fall of WCW. Kevin Sullivan said that the idea behind it was that Goldberg was such a nasty, mean guy that Security had to usher him to the ring to avoid him brawling with anyone else before his opponent in the ring.

 

This started happening in 1998 at the same time as Vince McMahon was on Raw being accompanied by Security everywhere he went, because he wanted protection from other people attacking him. It's been the same since then over the years, Batista was memorably accompanied by Security everywhere in the build to WrestleMania 26 because he wanted Cena kept away from him.

 

But the other reason it seemed odd was that Goldberg never had a wild out of control character that could randomly attack people. Even at his most frenzied and intense he was always focused on beating his opponent.

 

Was it just me?

Nah, I never thought of the security guards as being for that reason either. In fact I don't think I ever gave it much thought at the time. For me it definitely added to his aura though, but more because it made him look and seem like such a big deal having an entire security team around him than because he was some kind of monster that needed controlling.

Posted

Wasn't Mike Tyson showing up to weigh-ins, press conferences, fights surrounded by an entourage of security guards around that time? I always presumed they nicked the idea from there.

Posted

I always saw it that he was a bit of a marked man due to the streak and being the an ex footballer etc but it generally made him look a big deal and added to his aura.

Posted

My 8 year-old nephew just watched the Cena promo on Raw and remarked "I've got a feeling John Cena is gonna become a baddie soon". Was his promo really hinting at it so much that an 8 year old kid could pick up on it?

Posted

Yes it was.

 

WWE doesn't do subtlety and that's not a bad thing. You want all of your audience from five to seventy five to understand the point you're trying to get over.

 

Personally, I take the fact that they hinted at it as a sign that Cena isn't turning.

  • Paid Members
Posted
Personally, I take the fact that they hinted at it as a sign that Cena isn't turning.

Same here. It actually made me question whether they could have The Rock be the one that resorts to 'doing whatever it takes' to win.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...