Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Watched 'Muppets from Space' on Comedy Central after work tonight and was extremely surprised by the Hulk Hogan cameo about halfway through. It's probably been talked about on here before, but I had no idea he was in it. Was there any story there? Because even by Muppet cameo standards, this one's a bit odd. He turns up, cuts a strange little promo on nobody in particular, chucks Rizzo in a bin because 'I'm a bad guy now', and then wanders off, never to reappear.

The Muppet films have always had loads of cameo's, it was probably filmed sometime in 1998 when WCW was riding high with Hogan and the nWo, and wasn't he all over Leno around this time? Probably just a mix of Muppets needing cameos and Hogan being topical/Hogan

I wish when Christian and edge originally split, they went with the first mix of the 'at last your on your own' theme. There was only a subtle difference in the rhythm of the verse, but it was just better.

I'm possibly the only one who prefers it

Much, much better. The remix was alright but instantly more generic. I recall at the time myself and all my lot agreed with you that the first was way better.

• Paid Members
I wish when Christian and edge originally split, they went with the first mix of the 'at last your on your own' theme. There was only a subtle difference in the rhythm of the verse, but it was just better.

I'm possibly the only one who prefers it

I always thought this one was great and the other one was boring, the bounciness really added a lot to it and made the humour come across much more, no idea why they changed it to the generic rock chug but it lost all it's charm.

Never really thought too much of Taryn Terrell back in WWE but since she started wrestling in TNA she has looked hot

The Blue and Pink outfit works wonders

She's really likeable aswell.

I'd have to say her referee attire was better. During the TNA Wembley Taping I couldnt stop starring at her arse. Its an incredible arse.

• Paid Members

Does anyone own or has anyone seen the WWF Action! DVD? I think it was released about 10 years ago and I picked it up on Tagged Classics from Silvervision the other day.

It's mostly a collection of lower mid-card crap from 1999 to 2001 and it's great fun! It traces Perry Saturn's descent into mop infatuation, the Dudleys v Hardcore and Crash Holly feud, Spike and Molly's romance and has a compilation of bra and panties matches. I've not watched all of it yet but it's smart.

I love the fact WWE used to do DVDs like these that gave some exposure to lower card stuff. I presume they stopped doing them because no-one bought them? Real shame, that.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

Does anyone own or has anyone seen the WWE Action! DVD? I think it was released about 10 years ago and I picked it up on Tagged Classics from Silvervision the other day.

It's mostly a collection of lower mid-card crap from 1999 to 2001 and it's great fun! It traces Perry Saturn's descent into mop infatuation, the Dudleys v Hardcore and Crash Holly feud, and has a compilation of bra and panties matches. I've not watched all of it yet but it's smart.

I love the fact WWE used to do DVDs like these that gave some exposure to lower card stuff. I presume they stopped doing them because no-one bought them? Real shame, that.

Was a typical "random" DVD of that era, and it covered the first half of 2001 only. That said, it did have some good stuff (Angle beating Booker T for WCW title on SD, Trish barking like a dog) I remember waiting for the second half of the year to get a release - but no so luck.

• Paid Members

It covered about two years, by the looks of things, but mostly focused on 2000 and 2001. They just showed Spike ripping up Stone Cold's petition and giving Vince his hunting bow. Loving this!