Jump to content

Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*


Recommended Posts

Posted
I've bummed it on here hundreds and hundreds of times, but I've just spent an hour bouncing from video to video watching it back because it's so class. Can we all talk about HHH's Smackdown run? Fucking great, just great. A nice call back to the Stephanie/Test wedding when he busted Edge, a virtually forgotten PPV feud between the two, rocking up at Unforgiven to piss about in a Scramble match, and in my opinion one of his finest moments as a pro-wrestler - the match with Khali at Summerslam.

 

I'm no mega HHH fan, nor am I a hater of his stuff (anymore), but I think that has replaced 2000 has my favourite period of his work. It's phenomenal.

 

He was bloody brilliant after Summerslam 1999 I thought and really shown he was worthy of being a main eventer. The SmackDown where he dropped the belt to Vince was magical.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Here's Mick Foley knocking about the WWE Warehouse. Shocking how badly he is walking. He walks like an 80 year old bloke. My Dads in his 60s and he's perfectly fine. Hogan is 60 and had 12 back surgeries and as bad as he moves, Foley looks far worse. The way he's moving you just think that he's wheel chair bound soon. It would be a sad video, if not for the wank material you see hanging around the warehouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=-VrfgJp1G2I

  • Paid Members
Posted
Here's Mick Foley knocking about the WWE Warehouse. Shocking how badly he is walking. He walks like an 80 year old bloke. My Dads in his 60s and he's perfectly fine. Hogan is 60 and had 12 back surgeries and as bad as he moves, Foley looks far worse. The way he's moving you just think that he's wheel chair bound soon. It would be a sad video, if not for the wank material you see hanging around the warehouse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=-VrfgJp1G2I

 

 

O man thats hard to watch. Maybe he was having a bad day, I always thought that maybe he got out before he ended up crippled. Guess not.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Maybe that's just a 'current' injury Foley's carrying at the moment? Pretty sad if that's a permanent limp. He's not the type to regret it or feel sorry for himself though.

Posted
Who's music is being played during that video at the start? I'm pretty sure i've heard it before.

 

Vance Archer/Lance Hoyt's ECW music. They tend to re-use that theme a lot on various clips.

Posted

Foley has always hobbled. It's worse now than ive ever seen it, but i imagine its nothing a knee op and a decent diet wouldnt sort out. Hes easily 20 stone, he needs a few months on the simon system.. The warehouse looks quality.

Posted
Who's music is being played during that video at the start? I'm pretty sure i've heard it before.

 

Vance Archer/Lance Hoyt's ECW music. They tend to re-use that theme a lot on various clips.

 

That's it, hasn't it been used as "Original Music" on the video games too?

  • Paid Members
Posted

It was one of the half dozen or so superstar themes that cycled as menu music on one of the SvR games, definitely. Whichever one Archer was in, I guess. Shad's heel theme was too. Odd selections.

  • Paid Members
Posted

On his new DVD he mentions he's fucked. There's bit at the end where they are covering themselves where a few talking heads are like "he has the love of his kids, thats worth more than his health" and shit like that. Foley plays it off saying "sometimes when I have to walk up steps I think 'what have I done to myself', but it was all worth it" etc. He also says doctors have told him his injuries are what they are and there aren't going to get better.

 

Another thing, he was on Wife Swap and he can't even put his own socks on because of hip, back and knee trouble. The weight doesn't help him, but the stuff he did in his career is probably going to put him in his current state.

  • Paid Members
Posted

If he lost a few stone it would make things easier on his knees though.He could eat healthy and get his mate DDP to send him a free yoga DVD.If that crippled soldier lad could do it,so can Mick.

 

On another Foley related topic,his daughter is looking well these days.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...