dopper Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 Foley was interviewed by Meltzer & Alvarez last week, and they asked him about the bit with Jericho & Punk at Hall Of Fame. When explaining how it was a totally unplanned spur-of-the-moment thing, he said that the long pause when Jericho was laid down was due to Foley thinking whether doing the elbow drop would leave him in a lot of pain for the next two weeks while he was doing his stand-up tour. I know it must be painful for anyone to drop hip-first on a hard stage, but if that could have caused him to struggle for TWO WEEKS, things are pretty bad for him these days. On another Foley related topic,his daughter is looking well these days. Indeed. 18 years old, 6' 3" tall.
TheShowOff Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 Foley did OTR a few years back to promote Countdown to Lockdown and he painted a really grim picture of himself with mental struggles, saying things like he would be driving home and drive right past his house not knowing where he is.
Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 19, 2013 Bloody hell, last time I saw Foley's kids the two oldest were little chubby fuckers. I feel quite old looking at that. His daughter luckily seems to have inherited none of her Dad's looks. And Dewey looks very Mexican. Are they really his kids?
Sexy Dad Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 (edited) I was going to say the same thing about his oldest son! In regards to his walking, his limp even just pacing across the stage for his stand up show last year was fairly noticeable. I'm looking forward to the new DVD, WWE are doing justice to the guys from the Attitude Era with these new releases, Austin's three disc set was fantastic and hopefully this will be just as good. Edited April 19, 2013 by thesimonbegz
SteelEdge Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 My Foley Bluray arrived through my letterbox today. Nice to get things a few days early, I don't think it's officially out until Monday is it?
nobby Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 Is that Foley's lad, sake he looks like my Dad when he is on holiday with his socks knee high socks. Just needs a sweater draped over his shoulders.
Ant Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 Is that Foley's lad, sake he looks like my Dad when he is on holiday with his socks knee high socks. Just needs a sweater draped over his shoulders. If that's Dewey it proves he should have been caned. Or something.
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted April 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 19, 2013 Not knowing much about Japenese wrestling however I have been dabbling in some stuff here and there wathing the old J Cups and familiar with the international names i.e Devitt, PAC,Richards, Low Ki and of course Liger, Muta etc and after watching the Best of Super Junior 2012 shows on a flight recently really want to get into it, where do I start and I would preferably like to watch a promotion that offers the more Hard Hitting/High Flying style, that mixes japanese and international talent
nobby Posted April 19, 2013 Posted April 19, 2013 Not knowing much about Japenese wrestling however I have been dabbling in some stuff here and there wathing the old J Cups and familiar with the international names i.e Devitt, PAC,Richards, Low Ki and of course Liger, Muta etc and after watching the Best of Super Junior 2012 shows on a flight recently really want to get into it, where do I start and I would preferably like to watch a promotion that offers the more Hard Hitting/High Flying style, that mixes japanese and international talent New Japan is doing some great stuff at the moment, mixing home talent and international guys like Harry Smith and Karl Anderson etc, In fact a good place to start would be the Invasion Attack IPPV from Mania weekend, here you go................ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkqe73q3eoU That is the good thing about NJPW within a few days the show is up on Youtube, in cracking quality aswel.
Paid Members 2Xtreme_lives Posted April 19, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 19, 2013 Great! Thanks for your advise
Paid Members SpiritOfTheForest Posted April 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 20, 2013 There's no Smackdown thread this week but I have to share my love for the amazing moment from this week where Natalya leapfrogged over a running Hornswoggle, landed and immediately turned into a discus clothesline which almost decapitated Rosa Mendes. God I love that woman; it's bizarre they do fuck all with her.
TheShowOff Posted April 20, 2013 Posted April 20, 2013 There's no Smackdown thread this week but I have to share my love for the amazing moment from this week where Natalya leapfrogged over a running Hornswoggle, landed and immediately turned into a discus clothesline which almost decapitated Rosa Mendes. God I love that woman; it's bizarre they do fuck all with her. They did a cool farting gimmick with her.
Paid Members Callum1993 Posted April 20, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 20, 2013 I'd have her manage Tyson Kidd when he gets back. Real life couple and all that.
aaron Posted April 20, 2013 Posted April 20, 2013 Fuck, just found out Kamala had both legs amputated. Whilst that's shocking, is also shocking that I coulda missed that news until now. Aside from that, Jake Manning's heel turn at mania weekend was great.
Recommended Posts