Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members
Does anyone own or has anyone seen the WWF Action! DVD? I think it was released about 10 years ago and I picked it up on Tagged Classics from Silvervision the other day.

I bought it for my brother years ago. I always remembered it because it has the most random disclaimer on its back cover ' this DVD contains no footage of Trish in a bikini'

• Paid Members

It does have Torrie Wilson in that skin-tight red dress when she shows up asking Vince for a job and her nipples are standing out about 3 miles through it. I'd forgotten when she set him up in front of Linda, though.

• Paid Members

I don't think I'd seen that since it was first broadcast. Bloody excellent. Tajiri and Regal were fantastic.

There are some cracking matches on here as well. I'd almost forgotten how good HHH v Jeff Hardy for the IC title was but there is a superb Dudleys v Edge, Christian & Rhyno match as well. The Stone Cold v Angle match from Raw for the WWF Title is great as well, Stone Cold's pulling out gut-wrench suplexes and clotheslines from off the ringside barrier and Angle is suplexing the crap out of him. JR's going absolutely mad on commentary when HHH interferes and calling him a bastard and a son of a bitch.

It also reminded me what a shit referee Earl Hebner was. He never looked interested and he always did that fucking count where he sort of falls out of the way before the three count and took all the drama out of it.

I don't think I'd seen that since it was first broadcast. Bloody excellent. Tajiri and Regal were fantastic.

There are some cracking matches on here as well. I'd almost forgotten how good HHH v Jeff Hardy for the IC title was but there is a superb Dudleys v Edge, Christian & Rhyno match as well. The Stone Cold v Angle match from Raw for the WWF Title is great as well, Stone Cold's pulling out gut-wrench suplexes and clotheslines from off the ringside barrier and Angle is suplexing the crap out of him. JR's going absolutely mad on commentary when HHH interferes and calling him a bastard and a son of a bitch.

It also reminded me what a shit referee Earl Hebner was. He never looked interested and he always did that fucking count where he sort of falls out of the way before the three count and took all the drama out of it.

I found Nick Patrick to be the most irritating with his "helpful hand" count.

• Paid Members
Sporcle-y link of the day: Every WWE PPV appearance in the 1990s. Got 189/257 on my first attempt. It's surprising how many one-off or guest appearances there seem to have been, particularly from Mexico and Japan, over the course of that decade.

That's my lunchtime sorted out, ta!

• Paid Members
Sporcle-y link of the day: Every WWE PPV appearance in the 1990s. Got 189/257 on my first attempt. It's surprising how many one-off or guest appearances there seem to have been, particularly from Mexico and Japan, over the course of that decade.

That's my lunchtime sorted out, ta!

Thats my productivity down to zero. These things always piss me off because I'll get someone like Hector Garza and somehow forget Stone Cold ever existed

Somebody mentioned last week that Daniel Bryan looked a little bit silly with Undertaker and Kane on Raw. I didn't notice quite how much until watching back a bit of his early 2012 stuff on youtube. Get the clippers to the hair and beard, maybe a new t-shirt that incorporates the Yes/No stuff in it but a little more subtle than the words plastered across the middle and I think he'd be ready to go and be more of threat to a World title again.

dbryan_zps25860dd9.jpg

If he starts rocking this look again I think it'd be a nice transition out of Team Hell No. As much as it is arguably his career high....I'd like to see something new out of him as even when he was only in worthless matches with Cody Rhodes and Sin Cara a couple of years ago on Smackdown, I was still tuning in to see them. He's the most reliable guy on the roster.

Edited by thesimonbegz