Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Moderators
With all this hoopla over the Fandango theme, it put me in the mood to do a 'Top 40 Best Wrestling Themes of All Time' article on my blog.

Here's part one - http://stuartreviewsstuff.wordpress.com/20...-time-part-one/

Distinct lack of WCW themes in that first half. Where the fuck are The Armstrongs and Midnight Express themes? I hope for your sake that your putting The Four Horsemen in under T as well, or it's going to be a pretty fucking shoddy list all round! Bossman's late 90s music better than Hard Times? The fact that Real American didn't make the cut, but Big John Studd's and the team of Kenzo and Rene did is fucking inexcusable.

Edited by PowerButchi

• Paid Members

Here's some you needed in:

B - Brad Armstrong - "Music To Ride A Convertible In The Sun To"

J - Jimmy Valiant - - "Raised By A Gypsy"

N - New Blackjacks - "The Swinging a Bullrope During The Solo Theme"

R - Rick Rude - "He's Simply Ravishing"

S - Sting - "Rattlesnake Whip"

S - Strike Force - "Girls In Cars"

With all this hoopla over the Fandango theme, it put me in the mood to do a 'Top 40 Best Wrestling Themes of All Time' article on my blog.

Here's part one - http://stuartreviewsstuff.wordpress.com/20...-time-part-one/

Distinct lack of WCW themes in that first half. Where the fuck are The Armstrongs and Midnight Express themes? I hope for your sake that your putting The Four Horsemen in under T as well, or it's going to be a pretty fucking shoddy list all round! Bossman's late 90s music better than Hard Times? The fact that Real American didn't make the cut, but Big John Studd's and the team of Kenzo and Rene did is fucking inexcusable.

:laugh:

All about opinions. I love the Kenzo Suzuki & Renee Dupree theme, even though I know I shouldn't.

Edited by sgmilne

Here's some you needed in:

B - Brad Armstrong - "Music To Ride A Convertible In The Sun To"

J - Jimmy Valiant - - "Raised By A Gypsy"

N - New Blackjacks - "The Swinging a Bullrope During The Solo Theme"

R - Rick Rude - "He's Simply Ravishing"

S - Sting - "Rattlesnake Whip"

S - Strike Force - "Girls In Cars"

I like the Strike Force theme, but what they used as their actual theme isn't available anywhere and there's only very brief clips of it, so I didn't include it.

The Blackjacks theme doesn't do much for me and Rick Rude's WWF theme is a definite contender.

• Paid Members
I like the Strike Force theme, but what they used as their actual theme isn't available anywhere and there's only very brief clips of it, so I didn't include it.

They used Girls In Cars as their theme song. Jimmy Hart even feuded with Strike Force over it because he wrote it and they decided to use it.

Real American should be number one. Its the most fitting theme song ever created for a wrestler and probably the most famous. Stunned its not on your list.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

They used Girls In Cars as their theme song. Jimmy Hart even feuded with Strike Force over it because he wrote it and they decided to use it.

Real American should be number one. Its the most fitting theme song ever created for a wrestler and probably the most famous. Stunned its not on your list.

They came out to an Instrumental version of Girls in Cars. I don't think they ever came out to the actual song.

Although I don't mind Real American, it's just not one of my favourites, and if it's the most fitting theme song ever created for a wrestler, that wrestler wasn't Hulk Hogan, considering it was made for the US Express.

• Paid Members

Looks like you're arguing for the sake of it and as an excuse just to throw some factoids out there. Real American couldn't have been more perfect for Hulk Hogan and I think you know that. You really ought to have called your list 'My Top 40 Favourite Wrestling Themes Of All Time' if that's how you were going to go about it.

1) Instrumental or not, the song was called "Girls In Cars" and they came out the it.

But what they came out to as entrance music was not the song Girls in Cars. It was the instrumental of it and there's no copy of that available online anywhere. But sod it, I've realised I've done the reverse of this with another theme on my list so I'll include it anyway.

And to the post above, 'Greatest' is a totally subjective thing anyway. The article even includes the line "They are of course all my opinion, and I’m fairly sure that some omissions will lead to plenty of disagreement..."

Edited by sgmilne

• Paid Members

Strange you guys talking about entrance themes cause I came here to post a random thought about one.

I REALLY wish WWE had used this as Kane's theme back when he took off the mask. Don't know why it wasn't used as it's very fitting for him AND happens by my all time favourite band! I was really surprised to hear about this anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D05SqIDnOBg

• Awards Moderator

Watched 'Muppets from Space' on Comedy Central after work tonight and was extremely surprised by the Hulk Hogan cameo about halfway through. It's probably been talked about on here before, but I had no idea he was in it. Was there any story there? Because even by Muppet cameo standards, this one's a bit odd. He turns up, cuts a strange little promo on nobody in particular, chucks Rizzo in a bin because 'I'm a bad guy now', and then wanders off, never to reappear.