Paid Members wandshogun09 Posted April 16, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 16, 2013 Haven't watched this yet but thought it might be of interest. CM Punk on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour. Talks about UFC and WrestleMania; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb0n4M4_BRM...Pug&index=1 Might be worth a listen.
Paid Members seph Posted April 16, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 16, 2013 (edited) 80 Putting Royal Rumble & Survivor Series one-shots in there is a bit mean. ESPECIALLY the midgets. Edited April 16, 2013 by seph
EdgarTheSlouch Posted April 16, 2013 Posted April 16, 2013 Man just how far in advance were things being planned and recorded by the WWF in the 80's/90's? I'm currently watching the first Primetime Wrestling of 1990 and the Widowmaker was announced as an entrant in the 1990 Rumble despite Barry Windham leaving the company in late 1989 before the Survivor Series I believe. Pretty mental. On a sidenote, was Windham in any Rumbles at all? Obvs he was at a Wrestlemania or two but seems mental that someone who had 2 or 3 goes in WWF was not in a Rumble
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 16, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 16, 2013 On a sidenote, was Windham in any Rumbles at all? Obvs he was at a Wrestlemania or two but seems mental that someone who had 2 or 3 goes in WWF was not in a Rumble He was not. In fairness, his first tenure was before the Rumble existed and his second ended before the Rumble came around. In his second go "The Stalker" was obviously less important to the '97 Rumble than Mil Mascaras, Pierroth, Cibernetico or Latin Lover. Or fake Razor and Diesel. In 1998 he wasn't in it either, even though partner Bradshaw was. I find it stranger that a character as high profile as (real) Razor Ramon never entered one, instead being in title matches at all four Royal Rumble PPVs he appeared at.
Paid Members ShortOrderCook Posted April 17, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 17, 2013 I was going to mention Razor as I was reading that, same with the Dudleys, always surprised they never entered one, almost always being in the tag title match. Thought they could have provided some decent spots and gone 3D mental in them.
Moderators PowerButchi Posted April 17, 2013 Moderators Posted April 17, 2013 In his second go "The Stalker" was obviously less importan Stalker was his third go around. He only ever really had the one successful WWF run in 84/85. Shame.
The Reverend Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 In his second go "The Stalker" was obviously less importan Stalker was his third go around. He only ever really had the one successful WWF run in 84/85. Shame. It's a shame the Widowmaker didn't have a bigger run - he was in great shape and would've made for a monster heel. Would've been a great opponent for Hogan!
Paid Members air_raid Posted April 17, 2013 Paid Members Posted April 17, 2013 Stalker was his third go around. I know. 84-85 being his first tenure was before the Rumble existed Widowmaker being his second ended before the Rumble came around. and In his second go "The Stalker" being a dumb fuck mistake.
deathrey Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 Haven't watched this yet but thought it might be of interest. CM Punk on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour. Talks about UFC and WrestleMania; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb0n4M4_BRM...Pug&index=1 Might be worth a listen. Thanks for posting this, I'll take a listen when I get home from work. I always enjoy Helwani's interviews with Punk
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 17, 2013 Moderators Posted April 17, 2013 (edited) Am I really the only person who enjoyed Mark Henry / Ryback at Mania, then or what? Definitely better than it had any right to be. Edited April 17, 2013 by Chest Rockwell
deathrey Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 I liked it, I particularly liked the finish - Mark falling and squashing Ryback, not the business after the bell
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted April 17, 2013 Moderators Posted April 17, 2013 Yeah.. I wasn't a fan of the post-match shenanigans; I assume that's what has coloured everyones' overall opinon of it. But the match itself I thought was good and the finish, as you mention, I thought was pretty cool. It referenced the build up nicely.
deathrey Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 I really don't like Ryback, I don't see what everyone else sees in him and I haven't enjoyed any of matches up until this one, I thought he did a decent job. The finish was one of the match was actually one of my favourite things about Wrestlemania this year, Mark Henry should use that as a finish again!
Sphinx Posted April 17, 2013 Posted April 17, 2013 I embarassed myself by saying it might turn out to be good. It was rubbish. Even during the match, I was saying 'give it time' and then the finish happened.
Recommended Posts