Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

80 :(

Putting Royal Rumble & Survivor Series one-shots in there is a bit mean. ESPECIALLY the midgets.

Edited by seph

Man just how far in advance were things being planned and recorded by the WWF in the 80's/90's? I'm currently watching the first Primetime Wrestling of 1990 and the Widowmaker was announced as an entrant in the 1990 Rumble despite Barry Windham leaving the company in late 1989 before the Survivor Series I believe.

Pretty mental.

On a sidenote, was Windham in any Rumbles at all? Obvs he was at a Wrestlemania or two but seems mental that someone who had 2 or 3 goes in WWF was not in a Rumble

• Paid Members
On a sidenote, was Windham in any Rumbles at all? Obvs he was at a Wrestlemania or two but seems mental that someone who had 2 or 3 goes in WWF was not in a Rumble

He was not. In fairness, his first tenure was before the Rumble existed and his second ended before the Rumble came around. In his second go "The Stalker" was obviously less important to the '97 Rumble than Mil Mascaras, Pierroth, Cibernetico or Latin Lover. Or fake Razor and Diesel. In 1998 he wasn't in it either, even though partner Bradshaw was.

I find it stranger that a character as high profile as (real) Razor Ramon never entered one, instead being in title matches at all four Royal Rumble PPVs he appeared at.

In his second go "The Stalker" was obviously less importan

Stalker was his third go around. He only ever really had the one successful WWF run in 84/85. Shame.

It's a shame the Widowmaker didn't have a bigger run - he was in great shape and would've made for a monster heel. Would've been a great opponent for Hogan!

• Paid Members
Stalker was his third go around.

I know. 84-85 being

his first tenure was before the Rumble existed

Widowmaker being

his second ended before the Rumble came around.

and

In his second go "The Stalker"

being a dumb fuck mistake.

Haven't watched this yet but thought it might be of interest. CM Punk on Ariel Helwani's MMA Hour. Talks about UFC and WrestleMania;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nb0n4M4_BRM...Pug&index=1

Might be worth a listen.

Thanks for posting this, I'll take a listen when I get home from work. I always enjoy Helwani's interviews with Punk

I really don't like Ryback, I don't see what everyone else sees in him and I haven't enjoyed any of matches up until this one, I thought he did a decent job. The finish was one of the match was actually one of my favourite things about Wrestlemania this year, Mark Henry should use that as a finish again!