Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I've been watching some old episodes of NXT lately. The match where Charlotte beats Natalya for the vacant Woman's title has one of the worst spots I've ever seen. Charlotte puts on a figure four, and Natalya just doesn't sell it. Not even like Sting style no-selling either. She just does nothing then CHARLOTTE starts selling the hold, while the commentators talk about how Natalya's "reversed the pressure", even though she quite clearly hasn't.

It's probably the longest match I've seen Natalya in, and I was expecting a lot better, given her reputation. Was it just an off night or is she just really really over-rated?

I've been watching some old episodes of NXT lately. The match where Charlotte beats Natalya for the vacant Woman's title has one of the worst spots I've ever seen. Charlotte puts on a figure four, and Natalya just doesn't sell it. Not even like Sting style no-selling either. She just does nothing then CHARLOTTE starts selling the hold, while the commentators talk about how Natalya's "reversed the pressure", even though she quite clearly hasn't.

It's probably the longest match I've seen Natalya in, and I was expecting a lot better, given her reputation. Was it just an off night or is she just really really over-rated?

That match was atrocious and I blame natalya. She was trying to be all "look at me leading the match" but what she was actually doing was horribly overtelegraphing spots, there's a bit where she puts on a sharpshooter and just puts her face on charlottes foot for the reversal, think there was an apron spot where she just left her leg dangling in front of charlotte as well.

God nattie is shit isn't she

Natalya has never been as good as she thinks she is.

Nobody has ever been as good as she thinks she is. Natalya and AJ Lee both have that magic ability to be complete and utter shit yet believe they're great, and to convince a certain kind of fan to go along with it. Ziggler kinda has the same thing, although he's nowhere near as dire as those two.

• Paid Members

CTIzz9fWcAAqKsz.jpg

I was thinking of going to Sunday's house show at the Echo Arena. Then they tweeted this. That's got to be one of the weakest house show line ups of all time, surely?

Fandango?!?

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

Really noticing the lack of decent physiques in WWE at the moment. Has there ever been a time when so many guys were covering themselves up? The reason for this is obvious, but when you've been watching wrestling for twenty five years and conditioned to seeing larger than life characters it really is a little bit off-putting watching blokes that look so average. The WWE currently looks like a major league production with a cast of bush league athletes.

Surely that's the road schedule combined with the athletic style? Back in the day, it was roids, cocaine, Denny's buffets and punching matches. Today it's protein shakes, no sleep, constant driving and 20-minute spotfests 4 times a week. Some guys seem to have adapted, like Barrett who really ripped down, but it doesn't surprise me bodies are on the wane.

There's probably not as many as there seems to be, but a lot of the upper guys are in jeans or long pants with vests. Sod it, have Ambrose lose to Harper in a Jeans vs Jeans match so he has to go back to his Stone Cold indie gear. The fangirls'll love it and he'll look proper mental.

(edit: responding to Arch) Yeah you're right. I know it's just a sign of the times but it must eat Vince up. No wonder he has such a hard on over Lesnar. Looking back, Stone Cold is not someone who I ever thought had a great physique but in hindsight, it's easy to see why people bought into him as the baddest SOB on the planet, bah gawd. Everything across the entire spectrum is toned down (no pun) so much now. Promos, storylines, flamboyancy, charisma, crowds, physiques, characters... you name it, the dial has been turned right down.

Stone%20Cold_zpsph6zrecc.jpg

Edited by Undefeated Steak

CTIzz9fWcAAqKsz.jpg

I was thinking of going to Sunday's house show at the Echo Arena. Then they tweeted this. That's got to be one of the weakest house show line ups of all time, surely?

Fandango?!?

This is probably me overthinking things, but didn't the "Fandango's theme music" schtick from WrestleMania 29 catch on for a bit at Everton? I'm also pretty sure he's been over at Goodison Park once or twice.

Granted that's two years or so ago, but I'd imagine they'll bring him out in a shirt (which might not go down as well as they'd hope) and give him a bit of a hyping in that fashion.

More surprising to me is that Damien Sandow is still on the tour. I don't think I've even seen his name on Superstars or Main Event lately.

• Paid Members

Everything across the entire spectrum is toned down (no pun) so much now. Promos, storylines, flamboyancy, charisma, crowds, physiques, characters... you name it, the dial has been turned right down.

It infuriates me so much that if all of us can see this, why can't those in power see it too. And if they can, why are they allowing it to happen? Bloody hell, everyone being off steroids is one thing but the repetitive and droning TV shows are surely factors that can be addressed.

I was also wondering to myself last night, has Wrestlemania become so big that its detrimental to the overall product? I know its an odd thing to say when its a cash cow that can fill almost six figure numbers inside massive stadiums, but it just strenghthens the viewpoint a lot of people have on here that the WWE is only worth watching between January and April.

When I grew up Wrestlemania was the biggest show of the year, but it didn't dwarf everything else (Summerslam etc)  to the extent that they came over as second rate. Now, that is certainly the case.

Edited by garynysmon