Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

What was the story on that? Didn't he assault a crew member?

Allegedly, some crew member made a racial remark about him, so Del Rio went over and bitch slapped him.

From what came out at the time, everybody was on on Del Rio's side, but for PR purposes they cant have people assaulting members of staff etc.

According to the Observer, Alberto Del Rio's contract is worth a downside of $1,450,000 a year. What palent are these fuckers on where he is worth that much? Kevin Nash wasnt even on that when he was peddling WCW for every penny they had. I bet the wrestlers are going mental privately that Del Rio is on that. I get if he was missed in any way when he was sacked, but was he really? It wasnt like when Punk left or Daniel Bryan went down with an injury.

Combination of things. They're lacking in big name talent and rightly or wrongly, they consider him that. They're also desperate for any Hispanic stars as they've never properly replaced Rey for that. Finally, Konnan (yeah, I know) reckons Triple H called Del Rio up and asked him to come back. Del Rio set out a number of dates and a minimum salary, which Trips said they couldn't do. Del Rio's response was "well you called me", at which point an agreement was somehow found.

By all accounts he didn't really want to come back unless it was worth his while. Shows how desperate they're getting, really.

Konnan is a funny bloke. He runs the MLW podcast, who tweeted out "Bucks signed with Lucha Underground", a product that Konnan is affiliated with, only then to see the Young Bucks actually signed on with ROH.

I take everything coming from Konnan with a pinch of salt.

• Paid Members

According to the Observer, Alberto Del Rio's contract is worth a downside of $1,450,000 a year. What palent are these fuckers on where he is worth that much? Kevin Nash wasnt even on that when he was peddling WCW for every penny they had. I bet the wrestlers are going mental privately that Del Rio is on that. I get if he was missed in any way when he was sacked, but was he really? It wasnt like when Punk left or Daniel Bryan went down with an injury.

Combination of things. They're lacking in big name talent and rightly or wrongly, they consider him that. They're also desperate for any Hispanic stars as they've never properly replaced Rey for that. Finally, Konnan (yeah, I know) reckons Triple H called Del Rio up and asked him to come back. Del Rio set out a number of dates and a minimum salary, which Trips said they couldn't do. Del Rio's response was "well you called me", at which point an agreement was somehow found.

By all accounts he didn't really want to come back unless it was worth his while. Shows how desperate they're getting, really.

Make you right on some of those points but just cannot see how at this point WWE can afford to be paying one guy almost a guaranteed $1.5m a year. Especially when that guy is fucking ADR.

If it's genuine, they're going to get asked for shitloads of money on future contract renewals.

I'm calling bullshit.

its got to be a rib. there is no commentary via ear pieces at live events.

it wouldn't be down to wwe it would be down to the arenas to input devices that could pick up the commentary, wwe would just output the commentary to these devices

arenas wont put them in as no other event would need an ear piece for commentary. maybe ufc or boxing but that's about it

Just to clarify, at Mania 28 and Mania 30 they had them. It was called something like WWE FM. I didn't get them because I thought it would detract from the live experience, like listening to Martin Tyler at a footy match, though in hindsight you do miss it. Of course, at footy there's more going on in the crowd and wrestling's an entertainment spectacle whereas football is...well, going that way. I'm guessing it's just Manias and maybe Summerslams that they use it for. Edited by Sphinx

• Paid Members

Adam Bomb should have been up there with Razor and Diesal in that era. Him and Bam Bam Bigelow are the two biggest misses from the WWF.

The UWF from the early 90s on Daily Motion are great!

I'd put Crush ahead of Adam Bomb but know where you're coming from.

Crush was going places until he was turned heel in late '93, daft move.