Random thoughts thread v2 *NO NEWS ITEMS*

tiger_rick

Caught the end of something called Fighting Spirit Wrestling last night, description just says it's the best matches from NJPW and CMLL. No idea how recent it is or that. The commentary's English so I'll keep giving it a go. Every weeknight on the Extreme Sport channel.

Looks like it's airing three times per day: http://extreme.com/tv/show/223831/fighting-spirit-wrestling

That said, it appears Ring Warriors out of Florida will be replacing it starting on November 12th: http://extreme.com/tv/show/223843/ring-warriors

Edited by pgi86

Is there any chance Batista could make a return for WM?

With all the success he's having away from the ring a return from him would feel bigger than ever.

Battle of the movie stars Rock v Batista anyone?

I hope he doesn't to be perfectly honest. As fun as it was to see him back the other year, and I really like the guy, he now has a massive successful Marvel movie to his name (which he was fantastic in) and set to appear in a bunch more with crossovers and the like and has a Bond film under his belt, he's on far too much of a good thing to come back now. He could easily put the boo boys in their place, but why bother with the hassle

Much like The Rock, WWE need him more than he needs them

Edited by WyattSheepMask

The Scramble concept was underrated and deserved another run out by the WWE. Just skimming through Unforgiven 08 on the Network and all of them are great. The ECW one is possibly the best of the lot as well. Hardy flapping about desperately chucking blokes out of the ring and breaking up pins is tremendous. Fans go apeshit at the end.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who liked those matches, however admittedly not a mega fan of a title being on the line (unless perhaps you enforce a champion's advantage of the champion always coming out last) I reckon it would work well to determine number 1 contenders for championships.

• Moderators

I stayed at an air bnb recently and there was a copy of magic Mike on DVD there. So of course that went straight in and we went to the dance sequences on the extras - Nash is so fucking immobile. It's hilarious. He didn't get his chicken legs out. Two thumbs up.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

couldn't sleep last night and just started thinking.Why don't WWE provide commentary for live fans?  i don't mean like WWA where they put it on the load speakers, i was thinking of something similar to the way you listen to the radio on a plane (on the arm rest). 

I guess its up the arena where they are filming it in.The one thing that bugs me is watching wrestling without commentary 

• Paid Members

couldn't sleep last night and just started thinking.Why don't WWE provide commentary for live fans? i don't mean like WWA where they put it on the load speakers, i was thinking of something similar to the way you listen to the radio on a plane (on the arm rest).

I guess its up the arena where they are filming it in.The one thing that bugs me is watching wrestling without commentary

Do you mean at live taped events with commentators being present, or at house shows where they aren't present?

As above, you can get ear pieces for taped shows

Edit - actually, I was told this by someone on here, so it might be shite.

I asked this a while back and I think the general reply was to to use your phone to stream sky. Obviously this would be crap.

As mentioned below, they must have had a few big events/manias with a sports commentary earpiece.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

couldn't sleep last night and just started thinking.Why don't WWE provide commentary for live fans? i don't mean like WWA where they put it on the load speakers, i was thinking of something similar to the way you listen to the radio on a plane (on the arm rest).

Do you mean at live taped events with commentators being present, or at house shows where they aren't present?

As above, you can get ear pieces for taped shows.

Do many of the crowd do it? If significant numbers could hear the commentators I'd have thought you'd get more instances of the crowd going 'wayy!' in response to JBL doing a shit joke about rugby or whatever.