Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

• Paid Members

I was out in the garage gym the other day, accessed perfectly normally via the back door. I struggled to get back into the house though as something was blocking the door.

The majority of those beds were in a pile on top of a box on the right hand side of the photo, to be cycled into action when the other ones are getting washed. Some of the dogs had other ideas and decided to help themselves to a bed mountain, Princess and the Pea style. 

IMG_20211221_123225.jpg

Sad end to the year as I've just had to say goodbye to Dobby.

He was absolutely fine up until yesterday and he went downhill rapidly. He wasn't eating, his arms and legs had stopped moving so he was kind of dragging himself along and he started to bleed from his nose and struggling to breathe. I also think he couldn't see anymore.

Vet took one look at him and said "I'm afraid its time" and off he went.

We spent a nice morning together watching University Challenge with him being stroked and comforted, but I am absolutely gutted I'll be honest.

He was a total dude and sweetheart and was much more sociable than his brother and would sit on my shoulders whilst I washed up and things like that. 

He lived to 3 which is a good knocking for a rat, and will be forever missed by the whole Bacon clan, including Nova, his best mate.

Bye Dobs. Off to sleep with Nev again, and eat your weetabix minis and cucumber you legend.

Here he is in his favourite Cena t shirt (dipshit cat in background being jealous)

spacer.png

And this morning with me.

spacer.png

Edited by SuperBacon

• Paid Members

Sorry for your loss, man. He looks (and sounds) like a little star. Glad to hear he had a family that doted on him and gave him a good life.

Given how short their lifespans are, I don't think I'll ever be able to have a rodent as a pet - it's hard enough as it is with dogs and cats. 

• 2 weeks later...