Post a pic('s) of your pet thread

ajmcstyles

• Paid Members

He was a good boy. We'd just roll about on the floor sometimes and he loved it. 

My mum had to devise a way to tie her bedroom door and the living room door handles together so he couldn't sneak in and jump up on the bed or couch and she'd everywhere while she was downstairs working in the pub. He'd hear the door, jump off and start acting innocent. 

He also sometimes would just lay behind the pub doors at the bottom of the stairs and listen to all the noises. He was terrified of suitcases, was really friendly apart from a few people who he would just bark uncontrollably at. Also, because my mum's other dog was a small dog he thought he was a small dog as well. He'd run over to the smaller dogs in the park to make friends with them, but he'd react to bigger dogs in that way small dogs usually do, so getting all rowdy and aggressive around them. He was really chilled and quiet as well, rarely barked unless it was at somebody. Didn't tend to cry much. He'd just make little talking type noises. I'd have conversations with him. We'll miss him. Mrs Jazzy was in tears when I let her know. 

• Paid Members

Sorry for your loss, Jazzy. Sounds like an awful experience.

Hope I’m not being insensitive by posting this but I was pretty pleased with this pic I managed to take, mainly because she’s never at peace for more than a second.

3FBC1A4A-BE07-4ED5-A3BD-715C885EB484.jpeg

Edited by stumobir

• Paid Members

Ah man sorry to hear that Jazzy. 15’s a great age for a lab but it’s no consolation is it. If anything it’s only harder when they live to such an age because they’ve been there so long then one day they’re gone.

I really need to get a dog this year, I think. We lost our golden retriever a few years ago, she was 13 and we’d had her from a pup. It was gut wrenching when she died. My daughter was about 3 or 4 at the time and they were inseparable.

7458-B5-CB-5-B4-C-4-C5-A-A7-FB-4-A9-C2-B

3-ACEEC67-1919-4-D15-A716-5-BBB56-F9-B0-

I’m not a person who cries easily but when my daughter came in the living room looking for her furry mate the next day I had to get out of the room so she wouldn’t see my eyes streaming. This must be the longest I’ve ever been without a dog now. We always had at least one when we were growing up, and at one point we had 3. My daughter’s 8 now and she wants a dog, and my son’s 4 now and he loves them when we’re out. I think it’s time. Just have to negotiate with my wife on which breed to go for. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

My mum's thinking about getting a new dog because walking a dog gives her an excuse to get out for a walk herself a few times every day. 

• Paid Members

Ah, that's sad to hear, jazzy, as he looks and sounds like a great lad. 15's a good age to get to, but wand's right - it still doesn't take the edge off to know it. Still, as always, the grief shows how much joy and love he brought.

Received a text from Handsome Butch. Dog has passed away after 17 glorious years. I always loved the fondness a gruff Welshman showed for his Jack Russell and I know others did too. Dog had a lot of fans on here @PowerButchiand we are all thinking of you mate. 

(FYI Butch has a new phone and can’t log on here due to the new signing in system)