NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

I haven’t been that taken by War Raiders so far, but that video package hyping up them vs. Heavy Machinery was excellent. Looking forward to seeing those teams smash into each other now.

Shazza Mackenzie or whatever her name is was not particularly good for an eight year pro. Is she signed?

I’m going to reserve judgement on Kona Reeves. He didn’t impress me at all with either ability or character - but I thought the same about Velveteen Dream this time last year and was proved very wrong indeed. Maybe Kona will be as good as Dream by winter!

Maybe not though.

Thought the same about Shazza McKenzie, the punches/forearms she threw looked shocking for someone whose apparently been around for 8 years. The match itself was too short to really get much else of an opinion on her though, so i’ll give her benefit of the doubt.

Kona Reeves looked awful too. Give it some time and see how he goes, this is developmental after all, but first impressions weren’t great. And that vignette, every time you see that last shot and he’s got a got a massive bit of spitall in his gob looking like he’s had a stroke, it’ll haunt your dreams

3ms1Hm

Edited by WyattSheepMask

44 minutes ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Shazza Mackenzie or whatever her name is was not particularly good for an eight year pro. Is she signed?

According to wikipedia, she's been wrestling 9 and a half years. 

And no, she's not signed to NXT.  She was on a few indy shows in New Orleans over Mania weekend, including Progress.

The little bits of Shazza I've seen, she comes across like Toni Storm's ropy older sister. I don't take much notice of how indy girls look in NXT squashes anymore though. Kimber Lee and Tessa Blanchard both looked a bit suspect as job girls but have always impressed me whenever else I've seen them.

I just wish they'd give up with Kona. Whatever they see, I don't think anyone else can.

• Paid Members

Jesus, Montez Ford is a charisma machine, isn't he? Could be a massive star for them when the team breaks up eventually. Carrying Dawkins to something watchable is a minor miracle. 

• Paid Members

Shane Thorne's an absurdly handsome bloke as well. He should be plastered on billboards and posters, not slumming it in a tag team they seem to have forgotten they had under contract for the past month.

Montez Ford is astonishing, though. He reminds me of an early Enzo Amore in that at times he's almost too charismatic - like he's getting in so many bits of business that you barely have time to register any of it. If he could dial it back to a few signature bits and pieces, he'd be well on his way to being a mega-star. Couldn't be further removed from Angelo Dawkins if he tried.

• Paid Members

Ciampa is absolutely killing it on social media. One of my favourite heel moves in years was him sharing photos from their wedding, with him as best man, talking about how they can't even look back fondly on the happiest day of their life any more because of him. Masterful stuff, such a proper dickhead.

Also, he's started calling himself TOMMY SPORTS ENTERTAINMENT, which is delightful.

Edited by BomberPat

Sadly, Shazza looked like a punter they grabbed from the snack-stand, wedged into tights and let loose with a scribbled match script. I understand nerves, but she looked ridiculous. Belair on the other hand, looked far better than her last showing. That dead-lift press was stunning.