NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

11 hours ago, Kaz Hayashi said:

Agree, I think they do, hence my point. I think it’s the wrong way around. 205 is almost silly and redundant. No need for it. It’s full of the crap that NXT doesn’t need. It’s filler, OTT, unrefined NXT fodder. (Bar a couple)

When was the last time you watched 205?

Since the reboot it's been a consistently good hour of wrestling TV. I do think it suffers from it's placement but I'm excited about it now that it's what it should have been from the off.

The Takeover that just had Ranallo and Watson was so much better than anything with the three of them. Nigel either struggles to get his words out “the undisputa...era. Either way, the area are up against it” or just talking utter bollocks like the “self-effacing” comment from earlier

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, Wrasslin said:

I don't get how they struggle so much with this? WCW used to nail the three man booth format a lot of the time.

Play by play guy.

Colour guy

Analyst who they throw to for stats/insight.

Shouldn't be that hard.

Which one was Mongo supposed to be?

• Paid Members

There was a moment during Takeover’s main event where the commentators were sent running. I noticed Percy Watson moving out of the way, and I could hear Mauro Ranallo still commentating. Despite hearing him for the last two and a half hours, at that precise moment, I couldn’t remember who the third man on the desk was. I think that sums up Nigel McGuinness perfectly.

• Paid Members
20 minutes ago, Supremo said:

There was a moment during Takeover’s main event where the commentators were sent running. I noticed Percy Watson moving out of the way, and I could hear Mauro Ranallo still commentating. Despite hearing him for the last two and a half hours, at that precise moment, I couldn’t remember who the third man on the desk was. I think that sums up Nigel McGuinness perfectly.

The best part of this is that Nigel McGuinness was the only one who stayed on mic.

I found myself getting irrationally angry during that spot, though, as Percy Watson got absolutely clocked in the head by a wrestler getting thrown into him, and seconds later was back up on his feet. You're off-mic anyway, Percy, stay down and sell it!

Edited by BomberPat

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Otto Dem Wanz said:

Kyle O'Reilly and his daft facial expressions have really grown on me recently

He is quickly becoming my favourite dickhead heel. The air guitar-ing makes him so smugly unlikeable. Imagine that only a year or so ago he was messing about as a babyface pseudo-MMA fighter in ROH.

• Paid Members

I loved him during his entrance going to do the air guitar and then deciding he was too sad about his apparently solo tag title defence.  

Roddy is absolutely charisma-free but I feel it’s a bit harsh to call the rest of them “vanilla midgets”. 

Edited by JLM

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, BomberPat said:

At one point at Takeover, Nigel McGuinness referred to EC3 as "self-effacing". He doesn't know what half the shit he's saying even means.

IIRC, the full description he used was "Arrogant & self-effacing". Christ.

My wife picked up on it immediately, so I pointed out McGuinness went to the same grammar school she did.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Supremo said:
He’s everything I want in a pro-wrestling commentator.

I loved every second of that. He talks utter shite at times, but it’s usually simultaneously brilliant. Look at that sheer enthusiasm. He’s a good, likeable version of Joey Styles.