NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Paid Members

I don't think there's even any intention of Ohno getting called up - I'm sure some people are just in NXT to bolster the roster for house shows, and to give the new trainees someone experienced to work with, rather than only wrestling people on the same level as them.

• Paid Members

Latest ep wasn't the best, but Ciampa is absolutely fucking brilliant in his role at the moment. The whole package with him, including the deliberate lack of entrance music to soak in the boos, to Ranallo on commentary painting him as the most despicable bastard on the planet, is great to watch. His black eye just made him look even more evil. I like Aleister Black but he'd be my choice for champion.

• Awards Moderator
15 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Latest ep wasn't the best, but Ciampa is absolutely fucking brilliant in his role at the moment. The whole package with him, including the deliberate lack of entrance music to soak in the boos, to Ranallo on commentary painting him as the most despicable bastard on the planet, is great to watch. His black eye just made him look even more evil. I like Aleister Black but he'd be my choice for champion.

Wouldn’t mind that. Ciampa beats Black through bastardly cheating, and then if you’re going to do a Ciampa-Gargano rematch, you can add an extra layer by it being for the belt, with an additional bonus layer of the two of them being the only ones who’ve beaten Aleister, but only Johnny has done so cleanly (which in itself gives Tommaso extra hate-motivation). Yeah, I’d be happy with that.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Paid Members

Really fun episode this week. Dream vs. Ricochet was super enjoyable whilst it lasted, suggesting those two could have an absolute cracker if paired at Takeover, then the main event was all kinds of great. Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan are a great team. Hopefully they get a title shot.

Plus, of course, Ciampa vs. Gargano continues to be feud of the year. I'll never ever get over what a fantastic job everyone has done with this. I remember when DIY first debuted, I thought they were the dullest, most faceless pair of Work Rate Wankers I'd ever seen. It's unbelievable how much I'm now invested in both guys. Ciampa in particular is just phenomenal at the moment.

At least your dullards like Coach, Phillips, Watson, Otunga and Saxton can actually get bloody words out of their mouths. Nobody can speak perfectly 100% of the time but Nigel can barely string a coherent sentence together without flubbing his lines. I don't remember that being a problem when he did the odd bit of ROH commentary but it's unbearable listening now.

Lars got some really strong heat from me breaking up that Ricochet v Dream match that was set up to be a corking mini-classic. Smooth as hell and some great chemistry there. I hope we get to see them finish the match at some point down the line.

Edited by sj5522

Even when he managed to get some form of a sentence out it doesn’t make any sense. Someone mentioned about Buddy Murphy accidentally knocking his opponent out on 205 Live a couple of weeks back. The ref rightly calls for the bell, and Nigel pipes in with “that’s a good call on my part”. No, it’s a good call on the ref’s part, you didn’t do anything. That’s like Ronaldo scoring a 35 yard screamer into the top corner only for Clive Tydlesley to say “and that’s a fantastic goal by me!”. I know that seems really pedantic, but it’s basic stuff

Edited by WyattSheepMask