NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

WWE have released Zeda and Uriel Ealy

Zeda had a few showings in NXT and was part of the Mae Young Classic 

The strange one is Uriel Ealy though, one half of the Tag Team The Ealy Brothers (they were identical twins) and have had a few matches on NXT also. 

Edited by TildeGuy~!

I’d only seen their match from this years Wrestle Kingdom, so I’m trying not to judge too much on their in-ring work, and like I sayonce they get into a proper feud with someone I might feel different than I do now. I do think the look is a bit shit, particularly the bald lad (Rowe?) and his crap tats, their music is a little too similar to Lars Sullivan’s, it all just seems a bit lazy so far. They’ve also made the same mistake that they’ve made with a few other people over the last couple of years by introducing them to little fanfare because this is the show the “smart fans” watch, they expect you to know who they are already. Perhaps if they’d built their introduction with some vignettes I’d be a bit more enthusiastic, but instead they just got thrown out there with an “oh my god! It’s so-and-so” because there was a gap left after AOP’s call-up (and Sanity’s to a lesser extent).

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Awards Moderator

Highlights this week:

1 - Tommasso Ciampa doing his very best to shut up the twats who are still chanting “psycho killer”. If the Chicago crowd try to ‘reward’ him by cheering for him this Street Fight could die a death. Just boo him, you idiots! 

I know it’ll never happen but this is one occasion where blood really would add to the drama of the match.

2 - the Velveteen/Ricochet video package. Cannot wait for that match.

3 - during Lars’ “smash all the trainees at the PC” bit, you see The Mighty walk in through a door at the bottom of the screen. In the background of the shot, they see Lars smashing, shake their heads as if to say “not today thanks” and leave again. It’s brilliant.

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

1 - Tommasso Ciampa doing his very best to shut up the twats who are still chanting “psycho killer”. If the Chicago crowd try to ‘reward’ him by cheering for him this Street Fight could die a death. Just boo him, you idiots! 

It's my one big hate  with modern fans. 'Yeah but he's really good at being a villain so I'll cheer him to show I appreciate how good he is at being a prick because I'm smart'.

No. Boo him!!! You are NOT showing him respect for being a heel by cheering him. Stop doing it!

• Paid Members

That Ricochet/Dream video package was the business. Really great stuff. I can't wait for that match and I dread the day either of them gets called up to the main roster.

Good riddance to Lio Rush. Never saw anything in him. I'm fine with him getting binned off to 205 Live.

I trust Chicago will give Ciampa a similar (awesome) reaction to what he got at the last Takeover. He might be my favourite heel in the sport at the moment. Really simple, classic, dickhead stuff. Great closing brawl.

Say Vince dies do people think there's a genuine chance all this pro-wrestling 101 stuff we see on NXT could bleed out onto Raw and Smackdown when Hunter is in charge? It'd make such a difference.

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Say Vince dies do people think there's a genuine chance all this pro-wrestling 101 stuff we see on NXT could bleed out onto Raw and Smackdown when Hunter is in charge? It'd make such a difference.

I hope so - but a lot of NXT's strengths come from it being a very low pressure environment; it's not live, there's no external pressure from sponsors, advertisers or TV networks, so it's a lot more of a sandbox environment where they can try out new things without too much risk involved. I'm not sure how much main roster TV will be able to emulate that.

• Paid Members

What I like about Velveteen Dream is that he's always dressed differently. Most wrestlers have their gear, and their look, and that's them - they have to show up looking the same every week, because that's how they build their brand, they have to be instantly recognisable, and look like their own action figure come to life. But Dream has a different look every week, yet is always identifiably him, and always great. It makes him feel more like a real human being. Whereas if he was on RAW or Smackdown, they'd have him wearing a shitty Velveteen Dream T-shirt over his ring gear and call it a day.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, BomberPat said:

What I like about Velveteen Dream is that he's always dressed differently. Most wrestlers have their gear, and their look, and that's them - they have to show up looking the same every week, because that's how they build their brand, they have to be instantly recognisable, and look like their own action figure come to life. But Dream has a different look every week, yet is always identifiably him, and always great. It makes him feel more like a real human being. Whereas if he was on RAW or Smackdown, they'd have him wearing a shitty Velveteen Dream T-shirt over his ring gear and call it a day.

Agree with this. I mentioned a while ago that the women seem to change their gear up all the time, dress differently most weeks, often wear something resembling normal clothes. It's far better than the fellas who wear trunks or tights and their own T-Shirt all the fucking time. It's such a horrible look. Though in fairness, it does then help someone with imagination stand out from the crowd and Dream does a great job of that.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, BomberPat said:

This is a great point. Dressing the same every week has been one of the most jarring things about Ronda’s run so far. It’s such a stark contrast to her run in UFC, when she’d be wearing something different at every appearance because she was a normal, real-life human. The way they constantly dress her in the same jeans, T-shirt and leather jacket is one of the many reasons why she’s slowly turning into just another girl on the roster.

Velveteen Dream’s entire act might be the Performance Centre’s greatest achievement. Unlike the majority of guys who come from the independents fully formed, The Dream seems to come out of nowhere with the most nuanced, interesting character in forever. I loved him brushing off the Tough Enough appearance. He’s awesome.

Edited by Supremo