NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator

Possibly belongs in Random Photos, but Reddit have unearthed the 'original' NXT roster:

HWVs3VFw3NiYfRWEy8fUvKQ_bG04k806Q-UY9CesXkc.jpg?s=f7723c74c3daf7cc6e96daed31186990

Helluva bunch of talent there. Some proper dross as well. 4 world champs in that lot. And I'd be amazed if Vince doesn't give Cass the belt in the next year.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, The Dart said:

6 years on and two of them are 'still' there.

Burch and Ohno? If so, it's a bit unfair given both were released and came back. Both have undergone pretty significant body transformations, although in very different ways. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, The Dart said:

That's why I said 'still'.

Just a statement of fact, either way.  No kind of knock on either of them.  They're doing better than the gobshites like Nick Rogers.

Ah ok, apologies. I thought you were having a dig at them for still being there.  I have no recollection of Nick Rogers.

Am I right in thinking Jake Carter is Vader's son? If so, I'm sure he was tipped as being a sure thing to go far. Anyone know what happened there?

I don’t think he will unless he does something to drop some weight. It’s not an issue so much in NXT and he can obviously go well enough that it’s not an issue in-ring, but if he shows up looking like that and Vince sees him, he’s buggered. I do t think he will get released again, he seems to locked into the solid-hand role to help get whoever they want to push ready for the top spots, which I imagine would be the same thing that would happen if he is brought up

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

Don't think he deserves to make the main roster looking like that, but if Kevin Owens can go there and be a world champion then anything is possible.

• Paid Members
33 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t think he will unless he does something to drop some weight. It’s not an issue so much in NXT and he can obviously go well enough that it’s not an issue in-ring, but if he shows up looking like that and Vince sees him, he’s buggered. I do t think he will get released again, he seems to locked into the solid-hand role to help get whoever they want to push ready for the top spots, which I imagine would be the same thing that would happen if he is brought up

I might be remembering it wrong, but didn't his match with Velveteen Dream at one of the Takeover shows fall apart on a couple of occasions for the very reason that he's a fat bastard trying to wrestle like a Luchador? I'm sure he jumped onto the Dream's shoulders for some fancy type of Death Valley Driver spot, only for everything to fall apart when gravity took over.

There's no excuse for the shape he's in when you consider the training and nutrition available to him at the Performance Centre.