NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

• Awards Moderator
1 minute ago, mim731 said:

Is this week's show just a recap of Takeover? Or worth a look?

You get the usual recaps with post-match interviews, plus Bianca Belair vs. Dakota Kai at the start of the show and War Raiders vs. The Mighty at the end.

Good main event this week.  I have to admit to having now done a 180 on Kyle O'Reilly.  His facial expressions were terrible when he first turned up, but he's won me over with his comedy wrestling as well as his general skills.  And Adam Cole has been hitting the gym and now looks buffer.  So they're still tiny, but I'm enjoying the UE a lot.

Aleister Black though - they need to not have him talk, ever.  His mystique, which they built up brilliantly, is evaporating fast now he's champ and has to do promos.  He just sounds so... normal and bland.

Kona Reeves is just... wrong.  Everything about the gimmick is wrong.  Terrible look.  He looks like someone badly cosplaying The Rock.  

Blacks done for me. He’s too exposed doing promos and the aura he had has evaporated and he’s just a bland guy cutting bad promos trying to get his catchphrase in. I’d have Ciampa take the belt from him somehow and then go Ciampa/Garganos final battle for the belt.

We’ll see where it all goes, Black could do with a bit of time off once he hopefully drops the belt mind.

Hopefully more Dream next week

• Paid Members

I think working with someone like Ciampa could hopefully drag another side out of Black. Because the "aura" was done the moment he started cracking short jokes at Zelina Vega. He's not really had a feud, bar Velveteen Dream, that it feels he can get his teeth into, so it's not like the space for promos he's been given has allowed him anything to work with since then either.

• Awards Moderator

Moustache Mountain look like they're having a great time, and it's so much fun to watch. That punch / duck / swerve / SUPERMAN from Bate had me laughing. Along with the feint by Trent into DDT. More please. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Moustache Mountain / Undisputed Era tag team match from this week's NXT is an absolutely brilliant, brilliant match.  Just the epitome of fantastic story-telling in front of a rabid crowd.

I know that neither of these teams would make it very far on the main roster, but in the environs of NXT this is as good a wrestling match as you'll ever see.  Respect.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Loki said:

The Moustache Mountain / Undisputed Era tag team match from this week's NXT is an absolutely brilliant, brilliant match.  Just the epitome of fantastic story-telling in front of a rabid crowd.

I know that neither of these teams would make it very far on the main roster, but in the environs of NXT this is as good a wrestling match as you'll ever see.  Respect.

Yeah, some really wonderful drama created towards the end, even if a little part of me did think

Bate could have interfered at any point to cause a DQ, save Trent and still keep the titles

But then you wouldn’t have got that wonderful dilemma to create the finish.

1 hour ago, HarmonicGenerator said:

Yeah, some really wonderful drama created towards the end, even if a little part of me did think

Hide contents

Bate could have interfered at any point to cause a DQ, save Trent and still keep the titles

But then you wouldn’t have got that wonderful dilemma to create the finish.

Ah, but 

Just before that the ref had given Bate his last warning about interfering.  They put that in there so he HAD to stew on the apron.  It was really well thought  out!

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Loki said:

Ah, but 

Hide contents

Just before that the ref had given Bate his last warning about interfering.  They put that in there so he HAD to stew on the apron.  It was really well thought  out!

Yes, but

(and I should say I loved the match and the finish, I’m just being pedantic here)

He could have ignored that warning, not played by the rules, and got his team DQ’ed to end the match before Trent’s whole leg exploded - but still be the champs. Ref warnings be damned!

Edited by HarmonicGenerator