NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

I thought there was going to be a glitch in the matrix when EC3 and Kona Reeves gimmicks met eachother.

You can tell when they’re at the end of a set of tapings because only about half a dozen of Full Sail crowd are still doing the “1...2...SWEEET!”

Ricochet’s promo was shit, all I took from what that he is a man who must spend ages plucking his eyebrows.

Im actually quite hopefully that Ciampa takes the title next week. Black has been really exposed since becoming champion. He can rock a suit, but the mic work is very poor. If he is getting called up after Summerslam as has been rumoured, he’ll benefit from going back to being the silent but violent type.

The video segment for War Raiders, much like when they’ve done similar for others, did more for than anything they’ve done since coming in 3 months ago. I’m not sure I’m buying their ‘modern day Vikings’ schtick though. Alright, you got big beards and a bit of face paint, but it’s going to take more than that.

Veleteen Dream promo, lovely stuff

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members
59 minutes ago, Bukamania said:

Meltzer gave Undisputed Era vs. Moustache Mountain 5 snowflakes from last weeks episodeďťż if anyone cares.

Fucking hell, he's throwing them out like mad lately isn't he. That's three matches in NXT this year, right? Or four? I haven't seen the tag match yet, but according to Meltz then it must be better than any WWE (non-NXT) match since Cena/Punk.

Edited by PunkStep

5 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Fucking hell, he's throwing them out like mad lately isn't. That's three matches in NXT this year, right? Or four? I haven't seen the tag match yet, but according to Meltz then it must be better than any WWE (non-NXT) match since Cena/Punk.

It's his fourth 5 Star match he's awarded for NXT this year. Almas/Gargano, Gargano/Ciampa, Ladder Match and now this tag team match.

Edited by Bukamania

• Paid Members

The worst part of Ricochet's promo is that he talked about how Adam Cole isn't a fighting champion (while saying that O'Reilly and Strong were), and that he's "hardly defended the title since he won it".

Adam Cole's defended the North American title three times since he won it. Strong and O'Reilly defended the tag titles once before losing them to Moustache Mountain.

• Paid Members

I think I've said it before on here but I don't understand anyone getting worked up by Meltzer giving out more stars than ever. He's just a fan like the rest of us loving the fact that there's never been so much good stuff so easily accessible. It's not a bad thing that there are almost too many awesome matches to keep up with these days. It's a great time to be a fan.

39 minutes ago, Zaheer said:

I tried to watch Moustache Mountain vs Undisputed Era rematch however the crowd completely took me out of it...Just how long did that dual chant go on for? It was unbearable.

It probably last about 4 and half minutes in total, there’s a couple of points were it dies down a bit but comes back about 30seconds later.

The crowd clearly don’t give a shit about who wins & who loses, hence why Road-Dogg says they don’t matter and “it’s all about character”. That tag match, you just had two sections chanting against each other for the sake of it with both sections wanting to be the last one heard. 

You saw it again this week in the women’s triple threat. The way triple threats are constructed in WWE, you have one on the outside while the other two fight in the ring, not a big thing itself as that’s just what I expect to happen with that type of match. But in this, you had duelling chants for whichever combination of two women were in the ring. That in and of itself hurts the wrestlers when they get called up because supposedly being over at Full Sail doesn’t mean dick. The crowd are making a load of noise, but it’s not for anybody in particular, they just like making noise to try and be the ‘wild crowd’ that’s wrestlers talk about, which is now starting to bleed through onto the main shows too, see- post-Wrestlemania RAW and the last PPV with their clock countdowns.

I saw a video that WWE posted on YouTube recently, ‘5 main roster superstars you didn’t know appeared on NXT’. Most are from 2013, so pre-Network and you had the likes of The Bellas, Orton, Jericho and Cena on it. Take a minute to look at the crowd, you’ve got your “screw you Vince! I’ll like who I want, push the cruisers~!” type there, but a good proportion of the crowd are families. 5 years on, it’s the same bunch of neckbeards every taping in their various Bullet Club style t-shirts

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I didn't mind the crowd too much, at least they were chanting about the teams in the match and not some trivial cringe bollocks like they do 95% of the time. The finish, however, took me well out of the match though. Wasn't a fan of that at all.