NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

Thing is, NXT is the sort of place where you can get away with being out for six weeks without it really affecting things or requiring the title to be stripped. With the Mae Young Classic pulling focus for the women over the next few weeks, surely this is actually the 'best' possible time for something like this.

7 minutes ago, Weezenal said:

What's the reason/point of bringing out JR?

I presume it's just a feel good thing for the fans. His wife died earlier this year so most likely a gesture of good will and keeping him occupied. I can't see it being due to his commentary talents.

I used to love JR, but I can't recall the last time he sounded in any way enthused calling a wrestling match. He used to take grief for having his catchphrases, but at least when he came out with "BAH GOD WHAT A SLOBBERKNOCKER", there was passion in his voice. It's less than video game voice over quality at this stage.

• Paid Members

If Nick Miller isn't watching that video and motivating himself to be a hundred times better than he currently is, he should just pack it in. Thorne has always had a much better look but he's showing far more charisma here too. There's so much daylight between the pair of them.

"Two weeks before the UK tournament, he was working in a pub" - Really Nigel? I don't think you've mentioned that before.

"Dunne is vicious, used alot of joint manipulation" - Come to think of it, I don't think anyone's ever mentioned that either.

"there it is again, more of that joint manipulation" - alright, just fucking stop now

Uneventful episode this week, but the first after Takeover always is as it's just a recap with a couple of matches. Good tag team main event, Lars Sullivan smacking No Way Jose around was fun and Peyton Royce just showing up is always a winner. Hopefully next week we'll get the return of Regal's Believe It Or Not