NXT - Post NXT Takeover discussion in progress

NEWM

11 hours ago, CAREBEAR LUVVA said:

I dont get the name "Street Profits". Shouldn't it be "prophets"? Or is there some sort of moneymaking side to their gimmick that I've managed to miss? Like, why "Profits"?

Think the answer youre looking for is in your question...

• Paid Members
20 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I want Regal's thing to be him finishing a story as the camera cuts to him.

"...and that's how I proved to AJ Styles that the world isn't flat"

I love that idea. That really made me laugh when they cut to him like that.

"...and she ended up marrying Robert Plant! Unbelievable!"

The possibilities are endless.

23 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I love that idea. That really made me laugh when they cut to him like that.

"...and she ended up marrying Robert Plant! Unbelievable!"

The possibilities are endless.

Hahaha, that'd be great. I want to say this is a thing in a sketch show, but maybe I'm thinking of the "Which was nice..." character in The Fast Show?

I've not been watching the weekly NXT show as for me not much happens and it's not required to tune in for the big shows. Boy, am I glad I tuned in for the big show though. That was great from start to finish.

I love Adam Cole so really looking forward to seeing how he does.

Gargano v Almas may be one of my favourite matches of the year. Almas managed to totally change my opinion on him from one match, I thought that was excellent and match of the night for me. There wasn't a bad match on the card though, all were decent or better.

Great show top to bottom and every match was good in their own way.

Genuinely suprised by most of the results too, which in this day & age is a rarity. I didn't think they have Almas beat Gargano and wasn't expecting McIntyre to leave with the belt.

Id got it in my head that Asuka was losing the belt due to how much they started to talk about those records. Suprised aswell that they didn't make a bigger thing about AoP's first loss, they've been around for well over a year now.

Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Riley and Adam Cole can all fuck off though.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

• Paid Members

I don't know much about Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Riley or Adam Cole. Should I be excited? Or are they boring workrate wankers like Roderick Strong?

Also, why does Triple H keep raiding ROH, yet never sign Dalton Castle?! He's tailor made to be a megastar in NXT.

Great show as always. It's truly impressive how quickly Almas has turned his career around.

Edited by Supremo

16 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I don't know much about Bobby Fish, Kyle O'Riley or Adam Cole. Should I be excited? Or are they boring workrate wankers like Roderick Strong?

Also, why does Triple H keep raiding ROH, yet never sign Dalton Castle?! He's tailor made to be a megastar in NXT.

Great show as always. 

Cole has a lot of charisma and is good at promos. Fish and O'Reilly less so but matters less in the tag scene. What they're doing is a really good fit I think as if they stick together as a trio, Cole can cut the bulk of the promos and reDRagon can look 'ard either side of him.

And tell me about it re: Dalton, I met him at York Hall this weekend and he's one of the few wrestlers that can still make me fan myself that he's really infront of me due to his charisma. I said hello to the boys and Dalton said "don't talk to them!! those are MY boys!" - can't buy character value like that especially these days. I paid a tenner for a photo with him, he's the first I've done that for and likely the last. ROH have been stalling on him for too long in favour of absolute bores like Cody, I can't wait for inevitable NXT run. I wanted them to nab him for when Shinsuke got called up to fill that massive-charisma-monster void.

Fantastic show, better than I was expecting. Gargano v Cien and Black v Itami were fantastic matches. The finishing stretch to Asuka v Ember was absolutely gobsmackingly brilliant - it gives me a real "what on earth next?" feeling which I actually love. Best title reign anywhere in the world. I'm more invested in who will dethrone Asuka than I am Lesnar or even Okada. The other two matches were pretty good too - was pleasantly surprised at how fun heel/heel SANITY/AOP was but dislike the title switch - but it was mainly about the people showing up afterwards that made them worthwhile

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

I was very impressed with how Itami Dangerfield has improved since last time I watched him. He's added a bit of colour to his hard kicky kick routine, and it makes a massive difference. I didn't hate Black as much as I did on his debut, so maybe he's better too. Anyway, if Itami keeps this up he'll no doubt get a call up.

Asuka is just a brilliant pro wrestler. Full of colour and she's great at her gimmick. Bloody rotten of them if they don't make good money off her on the main roster. Again, like above, Amber Moon is much better now.

• Paid Members

Cole looked tiny next to McIntyre, its a good job he's got Fish/O'Reilly to balance it out a bit.

Strong show, very enjoyable. Gargano/Almas was match of the night, which I really wouldn't have called going in.

AOP/Roode to make the move up post Summerslam?